Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 07-15-2009, 04:20 PM   #1
Rider
Moto GP Star

Apparently a belt drive is no good there Marko.

And Z06, yes it will compete against Japanese 600's and the Aprilia RSV(1000cc). Not sure if the 848 competes though.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #2
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post

And Z06, yes it will compete against Japanese 600's and the Aprilia RSV(1000cc). Not sure if the 848 competes though.
When have you ever seen belt drive on a race bike? I have never.

And American Superbike is 1000cc inline 4's, is it not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
It probably will be...if it will knock the Suzuki's off the front row I'll even pull for it. Oh crap...here comes Tigger.
Can't wait till Tigger gets in here to take a shit on it. Same song and dance from that one trick pony.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 04:24 PM   #3
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post

Superbike is the big boys though...right ?
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:15 AM   #4
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

"when they run superbike, ill shut my pie hole"- tigger.

Should have got you to put your money where your mouth is...

Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:42 AM   #5
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Okay here comes a little hate! Um why don't the rules apply to Buell? Don't the other motorcycle manufacturers have to field STREET bikes in the American Superbike class? In their own rule book it states that a bike has to be a certified streetbike to compete. That the bike must be available to the public for purchase. Does anyone doubt that Suzuki could produce a pretty awesome GSXR1000R race only bike for $40,000? I'm sorry, I honestly want an American company to race here and win here but without bending the rules. Without having the sanctioning body helping them. Without cheating!

I don't know, maybe I'm wrong but it just seems fucked up to me.
Thats the descrepancy I saw too...but I sure as hell wasn't gonna say anything.

I dont know...I can only assume they would argue that it is a mass produced bike in the form of the stock R. But the press release says otherwise...so I dont know how they got it in.

Then again, I really dont care. I dont closely follow racing. I dont get bent out of shape over it.

Direct from Buell.com:

Quote:
Buell will produce a limited number of 1125RR motorcycles for sale only to licensed professional road racers who will compete in the AMA Pro Racing American Superbike class. U.S. MSRP is $39,995. Orders must be placed through the Buell Race Department and delivered through an authorized Buell motorcycle dealer.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:19 AM   #6
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Thats the descrepancy I saw too...but I sure as hell wasn't gonna say anything.

I dont know...I can only assume they would argue that it is a mass produced bike in the form of the stock R. But the press release says otherwise...so I dont know how they got it in.

Then again, I really dont care. I dont closely follow racing. I dont get bent out of shape over it.

Direct from Buell.com:
Yea I'm not bent out of shape or anything... you won't understand but I honestly, really want to see us compete in AMA Superbike and eventually WSBK with an honest, legitimate, competitive bike. I'm serious. We live in the greatest country in the world, why can't we produce a motorcycle that can compete? Fuck even England is getting back into it in the Supersport class.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Yea I'm not bent out of shape or anything... you won't understand but I honestly, really want to see us compete in AMA Superbike and eventually WSBK with an honest, legitimate, competitive bike. I'm serious. We live in the greatest country in the world, why can't we produce a motorcycle that can compete? Fuck even England is getting back into it in the Supersport class.
id kill to see triumph build a new big daytona for bsb and wsbk. Hell, nortons back too now arent they? Lets see a new f1 rotary. rool:
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:48 AM   #8
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

ok i missed all this cause I was picking up a new 1125R. BUT, does anyone remember the ohlins shod R1 LE? The R7? Lmt Ed race specials have been out before...Should a bike that can be hopped up as a special deserve to race against 1000s? Yeah, same bike stock against 600s nah, but DMG is insane so there you have it. Power to weight is their only measure and fixing the rules to cause unatural parity is NASCAR at its finest. wrong, you bet, but it will happen.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 05:54 PM   #9
zer0t
Kneedragger

Moto: 2003 FLSTCI 2008 KTM RC8

Quote:
I am sure Harley will have MV Agusta do it's racing for them. They will do a 1k version of the 312rr (1078 for this year) when Harley gets them back in shape. JK--I am sure they will both race.

Last edited by zer0t; 07-19-2009 at 05:58 PM..
zer0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 06:22 PM   #10
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

So what do you all think about Buell's performance at Mid Ohio?
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote