Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-30-2008, 06:57 PM   #31
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Thats fine, I still gotta let my face heal and get a few refresher miles in before I go play on anything too crazy.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 07:58 PM   #32
t-homo
WSB Champion

j/w, did you end up paying 5K for it?
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:26 PM   #33
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoYZF View Post
Its good to see Im not the only reformed squid.
I think anyone who rides with gear is a "Reformed" squid. Really I doubt but a handful of people do what we suggest.

I mean how many times do you think someone went out with no motorcycle experience and bought a Ninja250 or even a SV650(Instead of the Gixxer600/750/100). And at the same time bought some Dainese leather pants, jacket, Boots, Gloves, Arai, and then took the MSF course both beginner and advanced before hitting the streets.

Most people start out with a helmet becuase they have to and that's it. I started with nothing but a helmet. But I did have goals of eventually getting atleast a Textile jacket as soon as I could(Which I did). That took a month.

Now all I need is some riding boots which is next on my list and I'll be fully geared and possibly trackday ready.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:28 PM   #34
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

i started out in helamt and gloves boots and jeans, coming from a dirt racing back ground, i know what it feels like to bail

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 11:31 PM   #35
Crazy
I'm home take me drunk

Moto: 2005 SV650s blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I think anyone who rides with gear is a "Reformed" squid. Really I doubt but a handful of people do what we suggest.

I mean how many times do you think someone went out with no motorcycle experience and bought a Ninja250 or even a SV650(Instead of the Gixxer600/750/100). And at the same time bought some Dainese leather pants, jacket, Boots, Gloves, Arai, and then took the MSF course both beginner and advanced before hitting the streets.

Most people start out with a helmet becuase they have to and that's it. I started with nothing but a helmet. But I did have goals of eventually getting atleast a Textile jacket as soon as I could(Which I did). That took a month.

Now all I need is some riding boots which is next on my list and I'll be fully geared and possibly trackday ready.
*raises hand*
I did almost exactly what you said, except minus the leather pants and the advanced MSF course.
Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:01 AM   #36
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post

I bought my gloves boots and Jacket before I got my bike... got my helmet with my bike... it did take me 3months to get into a riders course... of course only 2 weeks of that was ridable weather... (damn Alaska springs)

I have no problem with what DLit's doing... if she goes down she'll fuck up her sweatshirt and jeans... MAYBE end up with some rash... (more likely some rug burn from the sweatshirt) and a little hurt pride... at most she might break a wrist or something if things go really wack... but she'll be fine.

it's the guys on the freeway... (usually they're the ones fuck'n around with stunts in traffic too...) that are Squids IMO... fuck'n around in parking lots and side streets... at like 25mph... as long as there's a helmet on and skin is covered... have fun
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:13 AM   #37
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

She never went above 20. Once the speeds get higher, she'll have all her gear. Now go fuck yourselves. I love you.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 12:33 AM   #38
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Honestly even though I try to avoid being a squid at this point, if I was just riding around in a basically traffic less neighborhood, I would probably just be wearing a t-shirt. Thats actually all I had on when I dumped my bike last summer and walked off the side of it.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:19 PM   #39
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy View Post
*raises hand*
I did almost exactly what you said, except minus the leather pants and the advanced MSF course.

Me too almost. Bought my helmet, jacket, leather chaps, gloves (yes, gawd, chaps-it was January!!) all at the same time I got my bike, I already had my boots. But I thoroughly like my skin and have had family members go down, so that made a huge difference for me...

DLIT, she looks great out there, we know you wouldnt be letting her squid if it was unsafe, cant wait to get the next progress report!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 01:51 PM   #40
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
She never went above 20. Once the speeds get higher, she'll have all her gear. Now go fuck yourselves. I love you.
???...
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote