Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-27-2008, 12:05 PM   #1
tlstreak
As Seen On TV

Moto: 01 929

I disagree with that. I dont live that far away from you, so its all curves. Yammerhaw too. Only place ive rode a tard is in the mountains, basically it took less than half the skill to push the tard than a sportbike. There are people that only ride tards. Which is fine, take them off the tard and put them ona sport bike and they are no where near the level they think they are against others that have rode prior to the tards becoming popular.

That comment is for 1st bike owners that have yet switch to a dedicated sport bike. There are alot of them out there.

You ride long enough you find the rythem of the roads you love. Your breathing is steady, you feel everything, and get the heart pumping. You can almost get a tunnel vision and all you see is the next transition or apex pushing the bike around. Never got that inspiration on a tard, that FIX from riding. Just my .02
tlstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:51 PM   #2
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlstreak View Post
I disagree with that. I dont live that far away from you, so its all curves. Yammerhaw too. Only place ive rode a tard is in the mountains, basically it took less than half the skill to push the tard than a sportbike. There are people that only ride tards. Which is fine, take them off the tard and put them ona sport bike and they are no where near the level they think they are against others that have rode prior to the tards becoming popular.
Oh, I agree completely. That was my point, though. In the really tight twisties, motard are easier to get around the bend. I'm no racer, but I can hold my own. I can't tell you how many times I've had a motard pass me on the outside of a turn and squirt away riding Deal's. Part of it is that I suck, but the vast majority is that motards are just easier to get around the corners.

My bike's no slouch in the turns, but a bike with less than half the horsepower and half the weight is better suited for the turns. Your trade off is that the straights SUCK. I can hit the turn perfectly, holding the perfect line, at the maximum of tire grip, bike lean, and suspension tolerance and still not out corner a motard. The motard rider isn't even breathing hard.

Put a motard only rider on a bike that is less nimble than theirs, and the skills we have had to develop to get our bikes around the turn aren't as polished because they haven't had to work as hard to get their rig from point A to point B around the turn.

What I REALLY want is this:

I think this is where the motard fad is going.

I can't wait to get a chance to ride the RC4:

All the flickability of a motard without having to rebuild the top end every 2500 miles.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #3
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlstreak View Post

That comment is for 1st bike owners that have yet switch to a dedicated sport bike. There are alot of them out there.

You ride long enough you find the rythem of the roads you love. Your breathing is steady, you feel everything, and get the heart pumping. You can almost get a tunnel vision and all you see is the next transition or apex pushing the bike around. Never got that inspiration on a tard, that FIX from riding. Just my .02

yep, all we have is curves around here, no interstate, not even a really long straight, and some roads with awesome sweepers you can haul more ass through than the tards, its really just the tight stuff that i see the tard doing excellent in

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote