Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 11-15-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic
Thumbs up HD Zumo GPS Rebate now till Dec 31, 2011

I have a new 660 and I must say I love that thing!!! And I didn't get a rebate.

Quote:
Harley-Davidson Limited Time Rebate On Road Tech Zūmo GPS

Published by Cyril Huze

Harley offers a limited time rebate, a value up to $90, to customers who buy a Road Tech Zūmo models 660 or 665 GPS Navigator between today and December 31, 2011. To claim the rebate, you must go to your Harley dealer to get the necessary form. The zumo 660 and 665 can be used as an in-car navigator. Each comes with a mounting cradle with integrated power cable, carrying case, dust cover for motorcycle mount, battery pack, charger, automotive suction cup mount and power cable, and a USB cable.

Motorcycle installation requires customers to purchase separately a handlebar or fairing mount kit for their specific Harley-Davidson model. Customers are being instructed to see an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer for fitment details.
The Road Tech zūmo 660 GPS Navigator ($649.95) is waterproof, withstands vibration and has a glove-friendly, 4.3-inch touchscreen with a UV-resistant display that can be viewed in direct sunlight. City Navigator NT street maps and points of interest, such as Harley-Davidson dealers, motels, restaurants, fuel and ATMs, along with turn-by-turn directions with voice prompts, are already loaded into the system. Its integrated SD card slot supports an MP3 player, audio book player and picture viewer; stereo Bluetooth A2DP Technology can be used to listen to music or make hands-free calls. The Road Tech zūmo 660 is compatible with Harley-Davidson’s online Ride Planner.

The Road Tech zūmo 665 GPS Navigator ($799.95) adds SiriusXM satellite radio capability and an XM antenna. Users can add an optional subscription to SiriusXM NavWeather to access weather data and weather radar graphics from the map screen, and to SiriusXM NavTraffic, which monitors traffic trouble spots and offers routes around them.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

Costs too much, even with the rebate!
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

I can't remember the number derf and I agreed to...

There is allot of added parts in these zumo units...

It is set to handle the vibrations from the bikes, it’s waterproof, it can also sense your finger thru gloves. It comes with a harness to wire it directly to your bike’s power and input to the radio. It comes with a 112V house charger, 12V car charger, car suction cup mount, the motorcycle cradle, a carrying case, and a few other items. But the other big one is the pc software (Map Source) that allows you to preplot your trip and then download to the GPS.

I resisted buying a GPS for years, but I love this thing. It has found me so many great places.

Further, the HD unit is the same price and has the same pieces as the BMW unit.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 11-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #4
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Further, the HD unit is the same price and has the same pieces as the BMW unit.
Does the HD unit have physical buttons on the mount?

The BMW unit has BMW connectors on it that built into the BMW bikes. You don't have to run power to it, it's already built in, it's probably the same for HD, but using HD connectors.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:10 AM   #5
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

The HD doesn't have the buttons. You're so obcessed with buttons... I don't see the need. What do they do that already isn't on the screen?

The HD comes with a wire and connector that runs to the fuse box and plugs into the fuse box on the back. I don't believe it is as simple as you are talking about. That being said, the CVO (and probably soon future normal touring) bikes have a dock already sitting there on the fairing, nothing to plug in, just drop the unit on.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 11-17-2011, 11:21 AM   #6
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
The HD doesn't have the buttons. You're so obcessed with buttons... I don't see the need. What do they do that already isn't on the screen?

The HD comes with a wire and connector that runs to the fuse box and plugs into the fuse box on the back. I don't believe it is as simple as you are talking about. That being said, the CVO (and probably soon future normal touring) bikes have a dock already sitting there on the fairing, nothing to plug in, just drop the unit on.
I love the built in buttons, makes music changing easy even in traffic/difficult riding situations as opposed to trying to touch the touch screen.

The new BMW k16 is about the same way, but I believe its just completely built into the bike.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #7
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I love the built in buttons, makes music changing easy even in traffic/difficult riding situations as opposed to trying to touch the touch screen.

The new BMW k16 is about the same way, but I believe its just completely built into the bike.
the buttons are great, they are just easy quick reference to switch screens, modes etc...

And yes it is 100% built into the k16