Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-13-2013, 09:19 AM   #11
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Moto: 08 WR250R, 12 XTZ1200

The roads were awesome. It was certainly interesting to see the whole scene. Not my thing, but it was an experience that's for sure.

I was a little disappointed at first because the group I went with really wanted to hang around town and drink. It wasn't until I took off by myself and went for a nice long ride that I really got to see what it is all about. It's about the roads. They're amazing. Really. Of course it was crowded and slow going, but it made me realize that they aren't all there just to get stupid drunk. There were many more people out riding and enjoying the scenery than there were in town drinking.

Although the boobies were nice. Here's a pic of me hanging out at the Buffalo Chip . . . NSFW!!!

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=9qhcte&s=5
Krabill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:23 AM   #12
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Dude... I just got home on Saturday from there.
I was up there from Tuesday through Friday. 1,013 miles in one shot on Tuesday to get there and 2,500+ for the 4 day trip. I left Friday in the rain. I could have stayed through the weekend, but sight-seeing in the rain didn't really appeal to me, so I took off for home. Despite the crowds, I had a good time.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #13
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
The roads were awesome. It was certainly interesting to see the whole scene. Not my thing, but it was an experience that's for sure.

I was a little disappointed at first because the group I went with really wanted to hang around town and drink. It wasn't until I took off by myself and went for a nice long ride that I really got to see what it is all about. It's about the roads. They're amazing. Really. Of course it was crowded and slow going, but it made me realize that they aren't all there just to get stupid drunk. There were many more people out riding and enjoying the scenery than there were in town drinking.

Although the boobies were nice. Here's a pic of me hanging out at the Buffalo Chip . . . NSFW!!!
Did SD on my cross country trip and I am fine with the roads in TN, if I am going out west it's for Utah/Colorado/Wyoming/Cali. Just better roads and scenery.

If I want the scene, there are numerous trashy bike get togethers here or a NASCAR race at Bristol or Tally. LOL
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #14
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabill View Post
I was up there from Tuesday through Friday. 1,013 miles in one shot on Tuesday to get there and 2,500+ for the 4 day trip. I left Friday in the rain. I could have stayed through the weekend, but sight-seeing in the rain didn't really appeal to me, so I took off for home. Despite the crowds, I had a good time.
I went to lead a ride for the Buffalo Chip. Ended up kidnapped by the entire Indian R&D team and taken to Devils Tower. They did right by that bike.

I stayed in Spearfish and skipped most of the party. Not my thing. I now know Sturgis well enough to get around the traffic. And, I got there Saturday - bailed Wednesday morning.

I love the area. Too bad all routes to get there suck HARD.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:53 PM   #15
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Quote:
I went to lead a ride for the Buffalo Chip. Ended up kidnapped by the entire Indian R&D team and taken to Devils Tower...I love the area. Too bad all routes to get there suck HARD.
The ride up there does suck. Most don't realize eastern Colorado is like Kansas. I've never seen Devils Tower, but looking on a map I could ride through Rocky Mountain National Park, by Dinosaur National Park, up past the Tetons, through Yellowstone, over the Big Horns, and past Devil's Tower to Spearfish. Out of the way, but it wouldn't suck.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 12:32 AM   #16
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Worries View Post
The ride up there does suck. Most don't realize eastern Colorado is like Kansas. I've never seen Devils Tower, but looking on a map I could ride through Rocky Mountain National Park, by Dinosaur National Park, up past the Tetons, through Yellowstone, over the Big Horns, and past Devil's Tower to Spearfish. Out of the way, but it wouldn't suck.
Yeah, that might be the only way. Spearfish canyon is excellent. It's even better without Harley Fags puttering along.

Claification: I have some amazing friends that happen to ride Harleys. Then there are the other 99% that fit te Southpark episode exactly.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 07:53 AM   #17
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Then there are the other 99% that fit te Southpark episode exactly.
Like that Gas Man character.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #18
Krabill
WERA Yellow Plate

Quote:
I went to lead a ride for the Buffalo Chip. Ended up kidnapped by the entire Indian R&D team and taken to Devils Tower. They did right by that bike.
So, tell us about the Indians. Which model was your favorite and why? I tend to put on a lot of miles, so of course the Chieftain looks like the best bet.
Old 08-15-2013, 06:41 AM   #19
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

I went to Sturgis. It's pretty awesome if you camp in the woods and just ride all day, every day. Only went into Sturgis one day for a few hours.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote