Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #401
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
Vietnam (and war in general) turned more than one soldier completely off his rocker.

Its not like this is uncommon of soldiers in past wars.
I suspect it was the war that hooked him on weed, then the weed turned him retarded.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:25 AM   #402
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I suspect it was the war that hooked him on weed, then the weed turned him retarded.
Weed doesnt turn people into retarded crazies Rider, sorry... Try again...

Couldnt possibly be the way they were trained and what they saw in vietnam! No, its gotta be the weed!

You anti-pot people make me giggle.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:28 AM   #403
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:

Couldnt possibly be the way they were trained and what they saw in vietnam! No, its gotta be the weed!

I'm not anti pot at all. I used to indulge quite frequently when I was younger and have nothing against it.

My point is this, every single Vietnam vet i have ever met, was messed up mentally, and I'm pretty certain that 100% of the Vietnam vets I have met, all smoked pot.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #404
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
I'm not anti pot at all. I used to indulge quite frequently when I was younger and have nothing against it.

My point is this, every single Vietnam vet i have ever met, was messed up mentally, and I'm pretty certain that 100% of the Vietnam vets I have met, all smoked pot.
Ya, but if I had to guess, it was the senseless slaughter that did it, and not the pot.

Vietnam vets were trained in a very different way then current soldiers. It was kind of a cruel game that was played with their heads. They didnt make soldiers, they made killers. Then they refused to own up to it and get the soldiers the help they needed.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #405
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:

Therefore it must have been the marijuana that led to their mental instability, and not the rotting stench of their buddy's body that they've been trapped in a foxhole next to for three days. Right?

Hell, it had to have at least contributed right, I mean it is a narcotic after all...

I understand you say you have nothing against it, but then only one sentence later you attempt to associate its use with mental instability in Vietnam Vets...so I'm confused.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:39 AM   #406
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Therefore it must have been the marijuana that led to their mental instability, and not the rotting stench of their buddy's body that they've been trapped in a foxhole next to for three days. Right?

Hell, it had to have at least contributed right, I mean it is a narcotic after all...

I understand you say you have nothing against it, but then only one sentence later you attempt to associate its use with mental instability in Vietnam Vets...so I'm confused.
Where do you think they got their pot from? SE Asia maybe? Do you think they could have put something in the pot to dumb the soldiers up? I think it's possible, of course there are other possibilities like agent orange and like you mentioned, just the sight of death everyday could have fucked them up as well. We''ll never really know the cause of their mental illness, but I think smoking dirt weed could have had just a little bit to do with it.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #407
shmike
Follower

Quote:
That's because the pot has rotten your brain.

You are Epic Goatee Man in the making.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #408
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Where do you think they got their pot from? SE Asia maybe? Do you think they could have put something in the pot to dumb the soldiers up? I think it's possible, of course there are other possibilities like agent orange and like you mentioned, just the sight of death everyday could have fucked them up as well. We''ll never really know the cause of their mental illness, but I think smoking dirt weed could have had just a little bit to do with it.
Interesting theory, I've never heard that before. Common, or something you came up with? I'm going to have to look into that, I guess I can see a possibility of the enemy gaining knowledge that soldiers were smoking pot and then putting chemicals in the pot. Marijuana alone though? Not a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
That's because the pot has rotten your brain.

You are Epic Goatee Man in the making.
Dude you know I actually shaved that shit off! But...considering there may now be a possibility I could one day be known as Epic Goatee Man I may have to grow it back.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #409
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Interesting theory, I've never heard that before. Common, or something you came up with? I'm going to have to look into that, I guess I can see a possibility of the enemy gaining knowledge that soldiers were smoking pot and then putting chemicals in the pot. Marijuana alone though? Not a chance.

Dude you know I actually shaved that shit off! But...considering there may now be a possibility I could one day be known as Epic Goatee Man I may have to grow it back.
My own theory. Pot alone, agreed, no chance, but like I said, I think there was something in the pot.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:47 AM   #410
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:

DOH!!!
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6201LW20100301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote