Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 08-26-2010, 09:54 AM   #21
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
That's complete bullshit dude. I used to have a $9k stereo system in my fucking Dodge Neon (pimpest Neon you've ever seen ). Not only did I enjoy it immensely for many many years, I also turned it waaaaay down whenever anyone else was around. It eventually shook my car to pieces, but it was so worth it.
Must be the car, nsx has a system that never gets turned on
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #22
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
That's complete bullshit dude. I used to have a $9k stereo system in my fucking Dodge Neon (pimpest Neon you've ever seen ). Not only did I enjoy it immensely for many many years, I also turned it waaaaay down whenever anyone else was around. It eventually shook my car to pieces, but it was so worth it.
So you never played it loud to impress other people, hoes, ect? Well, I guess that you're an exception to the rule. For most, 100dbs in a car is way more than necessary. I have MB Quart Q separates front and back, (2) 10'' JL Audio subs and a MB Quart 5 channel, 300 watt amp pushing it all and if I go above 30% on my deck, I can't sit in the darn car! BTW Dynamat is your friend... FWIW I have well less than $1,000 involved, I'm not sure what you had but it must have been really sweet! (or you got robbed...)
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #23
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Must be the car, nsx has a system that never gets turned on
Often, I find the sweet music played by a V8, accompanied by K&N on intake and conducted by Maestro Flowmaster to be much more entertaining...especially with the top down.
Old 08-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #24
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Often, I find the sweet music played by a V8, accompanied by K&N on intake and conducted by Maestro Flowmaster to be much more entertaining...especially with the top down.
Ram air scoop with an uni accompanied by longtube headers punched cats and a shortpass crossover muffler. Its like chuck norris cumming in your ears
Old 08-26-2010, 01:59 PM   #25
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
So you never played it loud to impress other people, hoes, ect? Well, I guess that you're an exception to the rule. For most, 100dbs in a car is way more than necessary. I have MB Quart Q separates front and back, (2) 10'' JL Audio subs and a MB Quart 5 channel, 300 watt amp pushing it all and if I go above 30% on my deck, I can't sit in the darn car! BTW Dynamat is your friend... FWIW I have well less than $1,000 involved, I'm not sure what you had but it must have been really sweet! (or you got robbed...)
Sure, I showed my system off to my friends, we were all in to car stereos. But I didn't sit at a stop sign bumping my shit and advertising to every thief on the block that I was loaded down with equipment. What, you don't show your friends the stuff that you enjoy. That's like saying that only people who like showing off ride motorcycles, they don't actually ride because they like it. FUCK YO COUCH man, I had it all because I enjoyed the sound.

I had 6.5" Kicker components in custom built kick panels (4 woofers, 4 tweets) and Eclipse 6X9 components on a 4 channel amp. I had two 12" Alusonic Alumpa pro woofers powered by some gigantic badass amp. My favorite part of it all was the Eclipse 9901 ESN with an Audio control EQ giving me 13.5v pre-out to my amps. It was so clean....listening to live CD music could make me tear up and warmed my heart. God it was beautiful. Despite my cautiousness it did eventually get stolen, all except for one set of components and 1 amp.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:29 PM   #26
caveman
mmmm, Beeeer

Moto: 08 HD Ultra

Quote:
No offense but loud stereos on bikes are the same as loud stereos in cars...they are all about "look at me" and have nothing to do with the driver/rider's enjoyment. Helmet speakers or earbuds do a much better job of providing music to the rider than any stereo system ever could. Besides, where's the bass? These setups always sound crappy, tinny and distorted IMHO.
and when you get pulled over for wearing earbuds and listening to your music as it is against the laws of the road, at least around here, I'll drive by with my loud stereo legally.

I also use the earplugs for the wind and that allows me to hear the stereo better without blaring it.

Also when you are setting up a stereo everyone knows that an amp driven speaker will last longer as it is being given a stronger, cleaner signal at lower volume levels rather than having to crank the volume to get that same ouput, except its got a crappy signal and distortion just tears up the speaker.

Just sayin

Caveman

caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
and when you get pulled over for wearing earbuds and listening to your music as it is against the laws of the road, at least around here, I'll drive by with my loud stereo legally.

I also use the earplugs for the wind and that allows me to hear the stereo better without blaring it.

Also when you are setting up a stereo everyone knows that an amp driven speaker will last longer as it is being given a stronger, cleaner signal at lower volume levels rather than having to crank the volume to get that same ouput, except its got a crappy signal and distortion just tears up the speaker.

Just sayin
just saying what? That it's illegal to have helmet speakers or that I should amp them? (they are btw)
Old 08-26-2010, 03:51 PM   #28
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post

Just sayin
NY allows the use of earbuds in one ear.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #29
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
NY allows the use of earbuds in one ear.
On a bike? They're pulling people over and making them take their helmets off to check for earbuds? Really?
Old 08-26-2010, 04:08 PM   #30
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
On a bike? They're pulling people over and making them take their helmets off to check for earbuds? Really?
I seriously doubt anyone is THAT bored. Always tuck the wires in my shirt though just in case