Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2009, 03:14 AM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default When I'm Right I'm Right!!!

I've had the "everyone should start on a 250" argument 100s of times and my main point has always been that people get bored with 250s really quick, especially when they have prior motorcycle/two wheel experience... Well, my GF went and bought a GSXR600 today. I can't fault her since she got a clean title, under 1100 mile, zero damage '08 GSXR600 with a pipe, a helmet, a jacket, the stock pieces and a rear stand for... are you ready? $4,000!!! The guy is a Marine that is shipping out in a week and needed to get rid of it ASAP! I guess that he had a Craig's List ad out for a month and has tried EBay to no avail. The stealership offered him $3800 for the bike or $5000 if he wanted to trade it in... Did I mention that it has an extended warranty? WOW! I couldn't believe it! I thought for sure that it was a scam, I was like no way, this guy is going to take $4,000... he took it.

My gf lasted maybe a month before she started looking for a 600... I really wish that I would have talked her into a Ninja 650 instead, she may have made it to spring... BTW if you know anyone who needs/wants a '08 Ninja 250 for under $3,000 let me know... I'll have pics Mon/Tues when we pick the bike up in Raleigh. I hope that she can take it easy. She's been doing really well and her chicken strips are completely gone already. She has been very unsatisfied with the lack of power from the 250 (really, no) and she's tired of getting left behind. I'm really concerned that she is gonna lose it but all I can do is coach...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote