Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2008, 07:43 AM   #1
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1
Angry WTF is up with....

.....people complaining about riding to a ride?

I don't fucking get it. Jax is a big city (in terms of square miles) -- it takes half an hour to get ANYWHERE in this city. So whenever we have a group ride meeting up, there's inevitably SOMEONE who wants to whine about the location of the meeting spot (to the point that often they won't COME if the meet spot is more than 20 minutes from where they live, OR they want us to stop 15 minutes into the ride to have a SECOND meeting spot to meet up with their lazy asses).

I don't get this. It's a RIDE. The point is to RIDE... to get some seat time, get some miles in... the point is NOT where we end up for lunch or the end destination - it's the miles in between those points. So why the fuck are you going to COMPLAIN about logging an extra few miles between your house and the meet spot??????????

I find the same complaint with regard to bike night. There's been a long-standing bike night here in town, that's only about 10 minutes from our house. We used to try to meet up early so we could get a RIDE in before going to bike night.... but there were always people from the other side of town who would complain and not come to bike night "cus it's too far away."

So now there's an "alternate" bike night on the other side of town... it's at least half an hour from where we live, so we meet up with people get (what a concept) take the long way there to get a ride in before going... when we get there, we see people we haven't seen in ages. Their comment? "OH this is only 5 minutes from our house, so we'll start coming out more now." WTF??? What is the adversity to RIDING...? I don't fucking get it!!!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote