Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 12-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #1
acalliste
Canyon Carver

Moto: gsx-r750
Cool Your chance to race Rickey Gadson

Kawasaki is running a contest for four people to win two days in Rickey Gadson's school and then have a chance to race him for a '12 ZX14. Having spent just a few hours with Rickey on a drag strip, I know exactly how much fun two entire days would be.

Here's info on the contest:

Quote:
Four consumers will be given a chance to race nine-time AMA Drag Bike Champion Rickey Gadson to win a 2012 Kawasaki Ninja® ZX™-14R, the world’s quickest production sportbike. Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. is asking potential contestants to submit an essay to Kawasaki ZX14R explaining why they should race Gadson in the “Zero to Hero” promotion, beginning Jan. 1, 2012.

Finalists will travel to Rickey Gadson’s Drag Racing School where they will receive two days of instruction from the nine-time champion, while also qualifying for their own NHRA Bracket license. Once qualified, the four will race against each other in elimination-style rounds and the quickest contestant will have a chance to race Gadson for a brand-new 2012 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R sportbike.

“The ZX-14R is the quickest production sportbike available today and the Zero to Hero promotion allows us to display that power on the race track,” said Kawasaki Marketing Communications Director Chris Brull. “Rickey is one of the fastest drag racers around and his school has helped many riders become top-level racers. We can’t think of a better way to celebrate the new ZX-14R, than to give our riders a chance to race against Rickey.”

Eight semi-finalists will be chosen after essay submissions close on Feb. 14. The public will be introduced to the semi-finalists on Kawasaki ZX14R, from Mar. 14 through Apr. 14, where they can vote for their favorite. Shortly after Apr. 14, the field will be reduced to four finalists. In May, those finalists will travel to Las Vegas, where one of them will go from “Zero to Hero!”

No purchase necessary to enter or win, nor will making a purchase increase your chances of winning. Contest entry submission begins on Jan. 1, 2012 and ends on Feb. 14, 2012. Must be a legal resident of the U.S. or the District of Columbia, of the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, at least 18 years of age or older, and have a valid state-issued driver’s license with a valid motorcycle endorsement as of the date of entry. For additional eligibility requirements see full official rules at Kawasaki ZX14R. Sponsor: Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions, and where prohibited by law.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #2
Mikey
Raving Lunatic

Moto: Concours 14 ABS, ZX6E

Oooohhhhh... I want in. I've never drag-raced a motorcycle, but did it semi-professionally in cars and enjoy it. I'm submitting an essay.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Whoa
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:53 AM   #4
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Rickeys a top bloke and he's also pretty nasty at parking mobile homes with trailers
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:09 PM   #5
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

He was in front of me once at the local track...That's all I have to say about this thread...Lol