TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

if you do a lot of road trips I'd say no... but just riding around town... yeah
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:36 AM   #12
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

even for longer trips, I cant justify a busa. I dislike how they look pretty much, the newer ones look ok, but I'm not real big on the older ones at all. I seriously think the new busa needs a gix 1k tail to really make it look cleaner.

cant even STAND looking at a zx14, those things are hideous.

I'll take a 1000 from the 80's over those any day. no they're not clean and sharp lookin like a NEW 1000, but I like the look of the 86/87 zx10 model. to me, they're not perfect, but they certainly dont look too bad. signals build into the bodywork, and a design that really isnt half bad in all honesty. cant complain when you've got a volt meter built into your tach so you can push a button for volts, release and you see your RPM, fuel gauge, and the standard indicator lights. cosmetically its everything I want with nothing I dont.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:38 AM   #13
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

yeah I hear ya... I like the Yamaha FJR1300 but it's more sportTOURING... and the Busa is more SPORTtouring... if ya get my drift... I like the busa... yeah not crazy about the looks... the new ones look better... but they still look insanely overweight... but maybe that's cause they are...

I like the old ZX12R or the CBR1000xx
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:13 AM   #14
BobTheBiker

Now, were it not for the notorious CCT thing all CBR's in the 600/1000 family are notorious for, I'd fall in love with the 1100XX. I think honestly they're a rock solid bike. I'm not worried at all about how sporty/toury a bike is, long as it gets me from A to B and lets me take a few turns in between. eventually I'm probably gonna spend some dough on a motard though for those absolute GOTTA DO THIS moments.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:57 AM   #15
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTheBiker View Post
Now, were it not for the notorious CCT thing all CBR's in the 600/1000 family are notorious for, I'd fall in love with the 1100XX. I think honestly they're a rock solid bike. I'm not worried at all about how sporty/toury a bike is, long as it gets me from A to B and lets me take a few turns in between. eventually I'm probably gonna spend some dough on a motard though for those absolute GOTTA DO THIS moments.
I've only ever heard of that effecting the F4i's. I thought they sorted it out after that?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 06:17 AM   #16
BobTheBiker

the CCT issue was all 600's up to the F4i I think, and the 1000F models, plus the 1100XX. I think the 900's and 600/1000RRs didnt/dont have the problem.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:32 PM   #17
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

The old ZX-10 is a great bike, but if you can find one, the ZX-11 is even better. Just need upgraded brakes and suspension. You wouldn't have to do anything to the engine and still beat almost every new bike.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #18
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

I get bored on the big bikes at least you have to shift on the little bikes. Don't get me wrong I loved the torque of the RC51 but I could break every US speed limit in first gear If I hit second hard I was going to jail not traffic court.

To be honest the DRZ400SM is a fun bike and its got the least power in my garage cept for the 150R. Nothing like having a bike that bonces when it hits the ground and slides into every corner with out worry of a high side. I can't ride a 600 on the street anymore cause I have learned to slide the tard and ride like a total loon on a 600 now. I got to where I can turn a 180 in one lane (1/2 the road) all on the rear brake. My friend about shit when I did it in his drive way on my SV650. Dirtbike bars on a street bike.......BAD good but BAD!
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #19
BobTheBiker

different strokes right? I'm glad I'm picking a bike that was bad ass in the day and still is. I've considered the ZX11, but not a big fan of it. the 1000 just looks slimmer and smoother.

HRC, your abilities are pretty impressive if you can do a complete 180 in one lane on a bike. I use mine for daily transit/general grunt duty, toting tools and whoever I'm dating around, ya dig? mega sex points for me for being able to work on my own bikes.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #20
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

Just takes practice I learned it on a KTM450SMR on a dirt road by mistake it was going to be a 90 but I had extra speed and it turned into a 180. After that I just played around and tried it on the SV a few times then the F4 on pavement. Its all about baby steps and making sure no one in followig you.

Oh and with the sport bikes once you get on the rear brake you need to stay on it once you pass 90 degrees or you'll testing your outside leg.
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote