Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #21
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Oh and I'm upping my water intake... been at about 3/4 of a gallon relatively consistently for the past couple of years... pushing for a gallon minimum going forward. Also cutting out the morning coffee I have on occassion... I don't really drink soda at all anyway.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #22
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

No doubt OSP! The motivation behind all this for me is to be as lean and strong as possible in my weight class for BJJ. When I get injured and have to sit out I feel that motivation slipping rapidly. Looking and feeling better became very positive side-effects. I enjoy going to the gym and lifting and seeing all the veins pop out of my arms legs and shoulders.....but if it weren't for BJJ my vanity probably wouldn't be enough to get me in the gym.

Your workout routine looks pretty solid and fairly tough, if you start feeling hungry or more achy/sore than usual put some more calories in there....you don't want to get injured and such.

Kettlebells and swimming are the two best conditioning exercises for BJJ IMO.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #23
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
-----------Also, I'm not advocating the diet just yet, I'm pretty much just regurgitating what I've been reading about it. I feel fucking great now, but who's to say I won't have a stroke or heart attack next week!
I'm curious to see how it works out over the next 60 - 90 days.

A new diet will often work for a while before the plateau, fatigue and other issues show up.

I am in a similar situation to you except a few months behind.

I'm still on a "clean" diet. I look and feel better than I did before but I can't seem to get my 6 or 8 pack back.

If you aren't counting calories, how do you know you are at 3-4k a day? And how the fuck to you get there? Since I'm not taking in any junk, I struggle to get in 2500 a day.

Last edited by shmike; 06-22-2012 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: Calorie numbers
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:04 AM   #24
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Good call on water intake. A lot of people forget about water. It's SO important.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:12 AM   #25
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
No doubt OSP! The motivation behind all this for me is to be as lean and strong as possible in my weight class for BJJ. When I get injured and have to sit out I feel that motivation slipping rapidly. Looking and feeling better became very positive side-effects. I enjoy going to the gym and lifting and seeing all the veins pop out of my arms legs and shoulders.....but if it weren't for BJJ my vanity probably wouldn't be enough to get me in the gym.

Your workout routine looks pretty solid and fairly tough, if you start feeling hungry or more achy/sore than usual put some more calories in there....you don't want to get injured and such.

Kettlebells and swimming are the two best conditioning exercises for BJJ IMO.
Yeah, I'm going to take it slow and not overdo it. Certain things like biking and some of the body weight stuff, and of course stretching, will be M-F. Other than Saturday morning jiu jitsu, weekends will be completely devoid of exercise to recover. I've also ordered a shitload of protein powder that will be used to supplement my diet as well.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #26
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Building a strong and healthy body is not nearly as complicated or difficult as Americans make it out to be....too many of them are just lazy and impatient....too lazy to get up and exercise consistently and efficiently...too lazy to learn how to wean themselves off the shit we call "food" in this country and move to a healthy nutritional plan....and too impatient to stick with a plan that can change their lives for the better.

I'm not a fan of putting alot of "me" on the internet...but...I'm living proof that it can be done....at nearly ANY age. I'm 44 and RIPPED....I'm in the best shape, physically and mentally, of my life. 6-1....174 pounds....8% body fat. I'm lean....and STRONG...physically...and cardiovascularly. It started as "I want to get back into shape....." and then morphed into my obsession....building the best "me" that I possibly can through good nutrition and wicked hard work 6 days a week. I think about it...work at it....improve upon it....EVERY day....it's a journey....never a destination.

It can be done...all it takes is a WILLINGNESS to commit....a REAL commitment...not a fad or a "diet"...but a commitment to REAL change....some education....dedication...and time. I know what worked for me....and I'm willing to share the knowledge if anyone is interested.....via PM.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:00 PM   #27
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
Building a strong and healthy body is not nearly as complicated or difficult as Americans make it out to be....too many of them are just lazy and impatient....too lazy to get up and exercise consistently and efficiently...too lazy to learn how to wean themselves off the shit we call "food" in this country and move to a healthy nutritional plan....and too impatient to stick with a plan that can change their lives for the better.

I'm not a fan of putting alot of "me" on the internet...but...I'm living proof that it can be done....at nearly ANY age. I'm 44 and RIPPED....I'm in the best shape, physically and mentally, of my life. 6-1....174 pounds....8% body fat. I'm lean....and STRONG...physically...and cardiovascularly. It started as "I want to get back into shape....." and then morphed into my obsession....building the best "me" that I possibly can through good nutrition and wicked hard work 6 days a week. I think about it...work at it....improve upon it....EVERY day....it's a journey....never a destination.

It can be done...all it takes is a WILLINGNESS to commit....a REAL commitment...not a fad or a "diet"...but a commitment to REAL change....some education....dedication...and time. I know what worked for me....and I'm willing to share the knowledge if anyone is interested.....via PM.
That's awesome.

When did you decide to "get back in shape?" (how many years ago?)

How far had you fallen off the in shape wagon? (Before stats or years as a lazy-ass.)
Old 06-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #28
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
I'm curious to see how it works out over the next 60 - 90 days.

A new diet will often work for a while before the plateau, fatigue and other issues show up.

I am in a similar situation to you except a few months behind.

I'm still on a "clean" diet. I look and feel better than I did before but I can't seem to get my 6 or 8 pack back.

If you aren't counting calories, how do you know you are at 3-4k a day? And how the fuck to you get there? Since I'm not taking in any junk, I struggle to get in 2500 a day.
One of my friends is a PHd in Kinesiology who's 47, 200lbs and around 6% body fat and he thought I would crash after a week and still thinks I will eventually. Another has a nutrition degree and says that the high fat "predator" type diets are great and work well for most humans.

That's a great question. I've been going completely by feel since the first day I started this and haven't added everything up even once....so I decided to go back over what I ate yesterday relative to my activity level....

RUN FIVE MILES

6 large eggs, 440
4 slices thick cut bacon, 360
Smoothie (fruit/veg/fat), 300
---------------------------------
Breakfast - 1100

10oz ribeye - 550
Garlic butter - 100
Spinach salad w/olive oil dressing - 250
1 slice bacon - 90
------------------------------------------------
Lunch - 990 calories

DEADLIFTS, SQUATS, TWISTING PLATE LUNGES

Smoothie, whole milk, berries, kale, avocado, whey)350
1 slice bacon - 90
------------------------------------------------------------
Post workout meal - 440 Calories

40 MINUTES OF GRAPPLING/SPARRING

Glass of whole milk - 170

40 MINUTES DRILLING/20 MINUTES SPARRING

3/4 Whole Rotisserie chicken w/butter sauce - 1100
1 slice bacon - 90
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dinner - 990 calories

Total - 3,890 Calories. Probably should've tried to find an extra few hundred calories somewhere since yesterday was a heavy lifting day

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Good call on water intake. A lot of people forget about water. It's SO important.
Especially for us as I'm seeing its supposed to hit 106 on Tuesday!!!! BOOO!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Yeah, I'm going to take it slow and not overdo it. Certain things like biking and some of the body weight stuff, and of course stretching, will be M-F. Other than Saturday morning jiu jitsu, weekends will be completely devoid of exercise to recover. I've also ordered a shitload of protein powder that will be used to supplement my diet as well.
Very smart. You'll need that extra protein since grappling tears up so much of your body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post

Don't save the knowledge for a PM bro, this is the fitness thread, put it all up for us to see. You big fuckin' stud you.... =P

Also, there are a lot of people out there trying desperately to get in shape and lose weight and failing because of the way we've been taught to eat for the past 40 years. They're practically starving themselves, eating low-fat everything, etc etc and not seeing results because the information is so sketchy....
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #29
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Bacon in every meal? Finally, a diet I can get behind! lol

Yeah, the protein shakes will be post-workout... though I'd like to have some protein just before, but I'm afraid I'll puke while rolling... I never could workout with anything in my stomach other than a little water... Also, low-carb calories are what I'm looking for in general, so soy milk & protein shakes are perfect for filler... and satisfy part of my shit food cravings.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #30
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Oh and a nice thing about a high protein diet... makes drinking all that water easy as fuck... eat a grilled chicken breast and nothing else for lunch, then tell me how fucking thirsty you are...