Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 04-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #251
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I would get the tail or tank bag, you dont want to carry stuff on your back for that long of a ride.

Tom
Yea,now you tell me.... Just kidding! I've considered that too but I think it will be alright. Especially now that I've already bought the damn thing! Besides, I'll feel better with my laptop on my back than anywhere else.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 01:11 PM   #252
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea, that looks like the one I'm getting at Walmart. Best part is if I don't use it on this trip, it's back to Walmart for you Mr. Rainsuit!
I looked at Wal Mart here. About the only decent rain suits they have here are for hunters, camo, and are expensive as hell.

I was told to check out Home Depot, but I'm lazy and the one I linked is cheaper than what I was told they are at Home Depot anyway.....

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #253
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea,now you tell me.... Just kidding! I've considered that too but I think it will be alright. Especially now that I've already bought the damn thing! Besides, I'll feel better with my laptop on my back than anywhere else.

Um no sweetie, you DONT want to do that. Been there, done that, your back and shoulders will be in horrible pain after a couple hours if it takes that long. If you have a way to bungee or otherwise strap it to your tail section and maybe use it as a buttrest, you will enjoy the ride much more.

As for rain gear, my militay connections hooked me up, I ay look ridiculous, but I wont be wet. Tried and true...for feet, if you dont have other means, wrap your socks (on your feet) with plastic bags and then put your boots on, they may be warm, but they'll be dry!

Walmart rain gear is good for about 1 trip, it tears at the seams and starts leaking after a couple hundred miles...
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:13 PM   #254
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Um no sweetie, you DONT want to do that. Been there, done that, your back and shoulders will be in horrible pain after a couple hours if it takes that long. If you have a way to bungee or otherwise strap it to your tail section and maybe use it as a buttrest, you will enjoy the ride much more.

As for rain gear, my militay connections hooked me up, I ay look ridiculous, but I wont be wet. Tried and true...for feet, if you dont have other means, wrap your socks (on your feet) with plastic bags and then put your boots on, they may be warm, but they'll be dry!

Walmart rain gear is good for about 1 trip, it tears at the seams and starts leaking after a couple hundred miles...

Yes Mother, I'm working on buying a tail bag right now!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 06:45 PM   #255
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

well hey Rae... if I trailer... you can ride back with me. since we're both leaving on the 10th cool?

now just to borrow a trailer... know where I can get one?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:17 PM   #256
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post
well hey Rae... if I trailer... you can ride back with me. since we're both leaving on the 10th cool?

I have one but you have to come to ny to get it

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:37 PM   #257
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post

As for rain gear, my militay connections hooked me up, I ay look ridiculous, but I wont be wet.

I've got a gortex parka and pants left over from my time in If I crash into the woods I'd dissappear

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 01:35 AM   #258
tommymac
Moto GP Star

I actualy want to start packing the tail bag, just some zip ties, rain gear med bag and some other odds and ends, since were starting to pack for the move I need to put the stuff somewhere.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 10:30 AM   #259
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBBs15 View Post

Yeah, except

1) you gotta come get it, Im slammed pretty much until I leave (remember when I was bored? *sigh*)

2)how am I gonna get it home?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I actualy want to start packing the tail bag, just some zip ties, rain gear med bag and some other odds and ends, since were starting to pack for the move I need to put the stuff somewhere.

Tom
I keep everything in my bags year round, plus spares in my tool box. Zip ties, tire gauge, tire repair kit, plastic baggies, stand pucks, bungee cables, kleenex, chammy... and more!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #260
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I'll come get it.. and I'll drop it back off at your place. don't worry about that. I'll come get it like the weekend prior... and drop it off the weekend after if that's cool.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote