Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-15-2008, 09:50 PM   #21
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Hopefully you have spell check, retard.
hopefully you get laid sometime this year, necrophiliac.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:58 AM   #22
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
Congrats. Ive got speech next semester and its gonna suck. Im not horrible at public speaking but memorizing an entire 6 minute speech...yeah Im not that talented
its not as hard as it sounds. you don't really have to memorize anything, just know your main points and bullshit your way to the time limit.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 03:01 AM   #23
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Congrats. Ive got speech next semester and its gonna suck. Im not horrible at public speaking but memorizing an entire 6 minute speech...yeah Im not that talented
I think you will find it to be pretty easy. I hate my speech class, but I found it to be quite easy after we got past the 1st 8 minute presentation.

By the end of the class I was able to speak in front of the class without my notes and with very little hesitation. I am certainly no genius so I like to think anyone can pull it off. I have to say that I hated the class but that I am glad I didn't take a bullshit elective instead.

Best tip I have is to know exactly what you plan on saying and then practicing it in front of the mirror several times before the presentation. It seemed that after the 3rd or 4th practice I was able to look in the mirror and recite it without much help from my notes. It usually only took one or two more tries before I had it down. Might not work for everyone, but I thought I would pass that on.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:05 AM   #24
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

I hope so. All of my friends say its really hard but I think the mistake they're making is trying to memorize the entire speech they wrote up. As long as I can remember what I learned I think I will do okay. Thats my theory anyways.
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:58 AM   #25
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
hopefully you get laid sometime this year, necrophiliac.
I'm sure I can dig something up...

Quote:
I hope so. All of my friends say its really hard but I think the mistake they're making is trying to memorize the entire speech they wrote up. As long as I can remember what I learned I think I will do okay. Thats my theory anyways.
I generally run off the cuff... It's a skill like any other though... if you haven't done a lot of it, the more detailed your notes are the better... Sometimes I'll have bullet points of the main topics I want to cover, just so I can keep it in order... I've spoken so much in front of so many different people, groups of 5 to groups of 200... It's really all the same... I just look right through them and start talking... I could do it for hours... the key for me is talking about something I know...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:52 PM   #26
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
the key for me is talking about something I know...
I think thats what I recently learned as well. If my speech was 3 or 4 big paragraphs, then I would be sure to know the 3 or 4 main points I was trying to express to my audience. Once I did that it was a lot easier.

The people who always fucked up in my class were the people we weren't prepared. As cheesy as it sounds, you can tell a big difference between the people who know what they have to say and the people who sorta know.

I am sure you will do fine. The class is worth it though.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #27
t-homo
WSB Champion

I always go in with an outline on a notecard. The notes are becoming less detailed over the semester, as I am getting better. I actually don't practice beforehand, partially due to being lazy, and, ok well that's it. As long as I am familiar with the subject then its not too bad.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:48 PM   #28
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
That sounds boring and complicated.

I almost always BS'd my way through reports and speaches.
Hence why you still can't spell speeches..........
I just got done with my speech class. Loved it. Glad it's done though. Got an A in the class. I have horrible stage fright too so when I walk up there panic attacks.......
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:25 PM   #29
Full Throttle
~Italian Stallion~

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF-R6

Quote:
I believe thats there problem to. ill write it out read it a few time recite it then ill be good i think mines next semester to so im not really looking forward to it.