Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 11-12-2008, 01:38 AM   #1
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝
Default F1

Okay so I'll roll with a sports section.
Anyone watch F1 this year? Amazing season, amazing finish.

compilation with terrible music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Z_Ohvy9OaM

finale, here's how it went down and why the guys in red are celebrating and then get sad.
The lead driver of Ferrari, Felipe Massa crossed the line in first and his father and family thought he'd won but actually Lewis Hamilton had regained 5th place which put him in position to win the Drivers championship by points accrued through the whole season. The crew member is telling them this and they go from happy to sad.
The reason Glock fell back on the last corner of the last lap is because he'd taken a gamble and stayed on dry tires even though it had started raining. He lost grip and went wide, letting the two drivers including Hamilton up a place.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erVfEs5-p-w
First black F1 world champion on Sunday, First US black President the following Tuesday.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:24 AM   #2
JoshuaTree
DILLIGAF?

Location: Austin, Texas, USA, Earth, Sol, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way
Moto: 1993 K75SA

We'll see how good any of these drives are once the transition back to manual gearboxes takes place. I'm still hoping that there will be an IndyF1 in '09 for the 100th year anniversary of the Brickyard. It suddenly becomes more likely given that Canada is now 'uncertain' . I'd bet that the kink installed at NASCAR Turn 1 will do the trick for giving the tires the 'rest' they need to not blow appart (not that max revs in top gear for 28 seconds didn't do its part...).

Charter Ticket allotment holder (and attendee) of ALL F1 USGP Indy events, at your service...

Truly, is there any sound in the universe quite as wonderful as 24 motors turning 18-21K RPMs flying by your ears at 240+MPH?
JoshuaTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:24 AM   #3
Bluestreak
What?

Moto: Dirt

I was pulling for Massa. I was all excited when Vettle passed Hamilton in the last race. I went through the entire range of emotion right after Glock fell back two spots.

On the other hand, it was pretty cool to see a 23 y/o win the championship. Good for him.

Oh, and I hate Alonzo...
Bluestreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:34 AM   #4
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

I'd say Vettel's my favorite driver and I went to the last two F1 races held at Indy, great races. I believe it's coming back in 2010 and Canada may be off the calendar for a while apparently.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #5
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

That was freaking amazing. Me and my dad and brother were watching, all pulling for Hamilton. What an unthinkable way to decide the championship... in the second to last turn. Whats really amazing is that is now 2 years in a row that the championship has been decided by 1 point, right? Cause I remember the big deal when Raikkonen edged Hamilton last year.

On favorites... idk. Maybe Kubica????
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 03:37 PM   #6
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Love the racing this year...I was always against all the drivers aids and traction controls and actually seeing some of the cars "loose" and on edge was a thrill...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:31 PM   #7
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I haven't watched F1 since two seasons before Shumacher retired. about the time I joined the military, as it was hard to find anyone else intrested... then I found the light... in the form of MOTOGP

I still get the updates from the site... I may have to start watch'n again next season.

My favorite driver WAS Ralph Shumacher... but shit... I'm not sure if he's still driving
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 07:38 PM   #8
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
My favorite driver WAS Ralph Shumacher... but shit... I'm not sure if he's still driving
I think baby Schumi retired 2 years ago, the new German kid on the block is Sebi aka Sebastian Vettel! Watch out for us Germans

This season was great!!! I was rooting for Hamilton in the beginning, but I ended up cheering for Massa in the end (he would have deserved it). Hey, at least he was champion for about 40 sec.

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 08:47 PM   #9
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
I haven't watched F1 since two seasons before Shumacher retired.
Me too. But he wasn't even my favorite. It's been so long I can't remember the name. But hey, the best part of f1 is the start. Coolest start of any autoracing.

Schumachers retired? Hmmm, How long did they have to drive to make their BILLLIONS?

I don't know any of the drivers anymore.
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 09:14 PM   #10
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

I was happy to see Hamilton pull it off, but I would have been just as happy to see Massa take it. They both had a relatively equal number of lost points, due to driver error and machinery failures (35 to 37 or so).

More than anything, I was happy to watch Alonso twist in the breeze.

JC