Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track > MotoGP

Old 01-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Moto: Tards

this from the story about Honda maybe pulling out of MotoGp a few weeks back not found the official ruling on this yet

If Honda did pull out of MotoGP, it would have a devastating effect on the series. Honda currently provides 6 of the 19 bikes on the grid, and with FIM rules requiring a minimum of 15 entries for a world championship series, the prospects of the 2009 MotoGP season being run as a cup
xx CURVE xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #2
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

if Honda pulls out... I can almost guarentee WSBK will have 10+ new riders next season.

fuck... I really hope the WSBK folks realize the market in the US if MotoGP fails and AMA runs with out factory support of any kind...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #3
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

F1 has had bad years before, they always manage to survive.

WSBK has a crowded grid already and WSS is practically flooded. Talent pool runs pretty deep as well.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:39 AM   #4
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
F1 has had bad years before, they always manage to survive.

WSBK has a crowded grid already and WSS is practically flooded. Talent pool runs pretty deep as well.
but has F1 ever had two major manufactures possibly drop out in a year? shit in the last 2 years MotoGP has lost 3 teams... Kawasaki, Team Roberts, Ilmo... now maybe a 4th and one that supplies 1/4 of the grid?

and yes WSBK does have a crowded grid... but can you imagine 1-15 being world championship contenders? mother fuck'n
Old 01-09-2009, 05:55 AM   #5
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

CONFIRMED

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sp...m-motogp-exit/

Quote:
Kawasaki confirms MotoGP exit

By Matthew Birt

MotoGP

09 January 2009 09:30

Kawasaki has confirmed this morning that it will quit the MotoGP world championship with immediate effect, leaving John Hopkins and Marco Melandri without a ride just three months before the first race.

The confirmation that the global economic crisis has claimed its first MotoGP casualty came after crisis talks with Dorna chief Carmelo Ezpeleta in Japan yesterday.

Kawasaki has signalled its intention to quit during the Christmas break after a woeful performance in 2008 saw the Japanese factory finish 16th and 18th in the series.

Dorna boss Ezpeleta had flown to Japan this week for an emergency summit with Kawasaki, not least because Kawasaki had signed an agreement in 2007 to supply bikes until the end of the 2011 campaign at least.

But the talks failed to reach a solution, though it is not clear whether the collapse of Kawasaki’s factory involvement has any impact on plans by Jorge Martinez to takeover the team.

In a statement released in Tokyo today, Kawasaki blamed the quickly changing business environment for its departure.
The statement read

‘Kawasaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. announced today that it has decided to suspend its factory MotoGP racing activities from 2009 season.

Amid quickly changing business environment, Kawasaki has been promptly taking countermeasures to cope with the situation.

As the world economy is not likely to recover in a short period due to the major impact of the financial crisis, Kawasaki decided to suspend its MotoGP racing activities from 2009 season onward and reallocate management resources more efficiently.

Kawasaki will continue racing activities using mass-produced motorcycles as well as supporting general race-oriented customers. Kawasaki would like to thank all the fans and all those who have forwarded us great help.

Mr.Yoshio Kawamura, the Managing Director of Kawasaki Motors Racing B.V. deeply appreciates the contribution and the dedication brought by staff members of the MotoGP team.’
Old 01-09-2009, 08:45 AM   #6
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
Shitty.

On a side note...I've been looking at alot of pics and vids of the Desmosedici. I FUCKING WANT ONE BAD.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:12 AM   #7
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

no doubt... thing is fuck'n sick..

and officially Kawasaki sucks balls... shitty fuck'n thing to do.

I wonder what they had to pay to buy out of the agreement to provide bikes till 2011
Old 01-09-2009, 09:24 AM   #8
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Moto: Tards

xx CURVE xx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:26 AM   #9
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by xx CURVE xx View Post

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #10
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
no doubt... thing is fuck'n sick..

and officially Kawasaki sucks balls... shitty fuck'n thing to do.

I wonder what they had to pay to buy out of the agreement to provide bikes till 2011
I was hoping it was a big fat rumor.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote