Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 06-20-2011, 05:28 PM   #21
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
When I'm using a stick shift, I'm all alone, so I'm doing it for my enjoyment only. I didn't buy a stick shift car to impress passengers or people walking down the sidewalk.

When people drag elbow at a track day, I don't really think it's for fun and fun alone. They are also doing it to impress others, win a bet with their friends, or score a cool photo opp.

Thread tie-in attempt denied.
its the same as trying to get a knee down, a lot of guys are wrapped up in just doing that and dont care about their form or the lines theyre taking.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #22
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

As an organizer show-boating for cameras makes me twitch - if just because it is usually followed by sky-ground-sky-ground-sky-ground action.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:22 PM   #23
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
As an organizer show-boating for cameras makes me twitch - if just because it is usually followed by sky-ground-sky-ground-sky-ground action.
one track org here had banned cameras for th elongest time, then had an organization film you if you paid for it. That lead to a lot of crashes and near misses, then they jus tlet everyone use cameras. I guess the novelty has worn off for most so it doesnt seem as bad.
Old 06-20-2011, 06:24 PM   #24
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
one track org here had banned cameras for th elongest time, then had an organization film you if you paid for it. That lead to a lot of crashes and near misses, then they jus tlet everyone use cameras. I guess the novelty has worn off for most so it doesnt seem as bad.
I am not opposed when it is used in a educational fashion, when someone is following and recording simply to later review to show what you are or are not doing. But, when it is used during an event simply to show off fuuuuuuuuu that.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 06:33 PM   #25
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I am not opposed when it is used in a educational fashion, when someone is following and recording simply to later review to show what you are or are not doing. But, when it is used during an event simply to show off fuuuuuuuuu that.
agreed, it can be used as a good tool to see what one is doing right or wrong, but others will use it just to show off then its a problem
Old 06-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #26
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
I bet you are.
zing!

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #27
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
That's hilarious. Kudos to him.

Good lord people, it's a track day, not a race.

You bitch about how you drive manuals "cause it's fun" and then bitch at this dude cause he isn't a pro and doing something for shits and giggles at a track day. Track days are for fun, just like your manuals.

Of course he has to monkey off the bike, he is trying to drag a freakin helmet. He is obviously a very capable rider. It's insanely impressive to drag a freakin helmet at that speed, not in a parking lot. Shit is pretty awesome to me.
Agreed. People do trackdays to do the things they cant do on the road.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:02 PM   #28
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
When I'm using a stick shift, I'm all alone, so I'm doing it for my enjoyment only. I didn't buy a stick shift car to impress passengers or people walking down the sidewalk.

When people drag elbow at a track day, I don't really think it's for fun and fun alone. They are also doing it to impress others, win a bet with their friends, or score a cool photo opp.

Thread tie-in attempt denied.
I can get my elbow down on my fiddy. Anytime I ride that thing with my leathers on, my elbow is on the asphalt. I don't care if it is 100 people watching the races up at DGMR or if it's just me in my subdivision. It's fun as shit. If I could do it on the GS, I would be doing it all the time on the GS.

Getting a knee down on the GS is a pain in the ass getting set up right for the corner to monkey off the bike and beat the engine head to the ground. I do it all the time by myself at the gap because it's a freakin blast to do it.

Oh, you may not have bought the stick to impress someone, but the car may be another story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:54 AM   #29
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
If you are a pro dragging elbow because you're leaning over that far, fine.......But amateurs who do it during a track day crack me up......hanging off like a monkey to get that elbow down and get that photo opp....
He was moving pretty fast...and getting pretty low.

I thought is was fucking hilarious. Love the gorilla suit too. lol

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote