Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

View Poll Results: Do you follow the AMA circuit?
I watch the races 8 80.00%
I don't watch the races 2 20.00%
I attend races 2 20.00%
I don't attend races 3 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Thumbs up AMA races rock!! *SPOILERS*

After getting off work last night, and watching the AMA races at Barber, I have now watched every AMA race this year...I also have watched every single GP and WSBK race so far...Here's what I've seen...

The AMA circuit is by far the best in terms of a fans viewing pleasure...Every race has a battle up front, all the way to the finish line...It hasn't been uncommon for the race to be decided at the finish line!!

And if you should attend any of the actual races, they're very interactive...Some of the cool things you can do is creep down to the paddock and get a few photos and autographs from the riders...Sometimes, celebs will be attendance...

Some of the tracks have a "ride" you can sign up for to ride the track for a lap (yes, there's a fee)...The Barber race this weekend had a few of the top riders, (Herrin, DiSalvo) walk the entire track with those paid a fee...They discussed everything from the tornados to where the apex of every corner is...All of the proceeds went to the tornado victims!!

So, watch the races, and attend a few too...You won't be disappointed
L8 Braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #2
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Sounds like the CMRA. Hang out with Dustin Dominguez, Ty Howard, Corey West, Dane Westby, and the whole gang, walk in and out of their pits, meet Colin Edwards or Ben Spies on their days home, watch close racing all day...

I watch GP and WSBK, DVR the AMA and watch it at my leisure.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

The AMA 600 class has been quite interesting for awhile now. I love Eslick's on and off track antics and most notably where he put Herrin in his place.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #4
smileyman
White Trash Hero

I loved watching and racing with West, Eslick, and Westby, Dustin Dominguez's Dad, Watching Spies, Howard, McDonald and alot of other guys that had "The Stuff" back in the early/mid 2000s in the CMRA. It is a total hoot to see them tearing up AMA circuits today. And there were alot more talented guys there that never went big time. I am sure that can be said of alot of clubs and regional sanctioning bodies.

But I am not just name dropping, I am encouraging you all to go visit your local clubs, check out the stars of tomorrow up close, get involved and race if you will, corner work if you want, or simply hang out and enjoy the show of these guys sharpening their claws...

Arkriders.com
Old 06-21-2011, 10:22 AM   #5
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Just thinking about the same thing after watching race 2 at Barber last night. Really the most competitive of all the leagues this year
Old 06-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #6
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

For as much shit as everybody gives AMA and DMG, it is actually pretty good racing. Really, the next closest racing would be Moto 2, I would thing. I hope I have the time to go to Mid-ohio....
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #7
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Why do you guys think AMA Superbike is such a snooze then. I mean comparatively. You have Hayes and one of the Yosh Suzukis keeping honest each week and then a trail of talented riders who can't keep up, sometimes 20-40 seconds back at the last lap?

I have this theory see. That the only thing lacking with that class is talented Crew Cheifs and Crew. Those are money items and I think most teams today just can't splurge for a knowledgable tuner to put them in the same league as the Yosh Squad. The Sportbike class has a ton of good riders on very simialar prepped machines, something that doesnt require big set up knowledge...But add 80-90 hp to the equation and then the machine needs a pretty good mind to dial in the chassis and suspension set up (along with the electronics Hayes mostly goes without)...

Arkriders.com
Old 07-11-2011, 04:10 PM   #8
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Another AWESOME!! batch of races at Mid Ohio this past weekend
L8 Braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:57 AM   #9
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Wow..Daytona Sportbike is by far the best racing this year. Eslick is just killer on the brakes in every corner....and who is this Beaubier? 18 year old up-coming for sho.

And fuck year Rogie!! Go Hayden!!! Nice 3rd place! Stuffin Hayes...hahahaha. No seriously I love Hayes.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote