Moto: 2009 ZX6R

That pass was poster material
Old 07-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #12
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
The English guys do, except when they race in the US. Then we get the c-squad commentators.
Ralph Shaheen must have a lifetime contract with Speed, or something. That guy does commentating on everything.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:27 PM   #13
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSGregman View Post
It isn't MotoGP (or Moto2) without listening to Gavin Emmit and Nick Harris call the race.
Agreed 100%.

Where do you find their coverage regularly? I watched a few races via torrents this year but they have been down for a solid month or so, and watching SPEED coverage now is brutally disappointing.

I mean, NO post-race interviews? Coming back from commercial breaks AFTER the few passes of a race are completed? Nice.
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #14
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Agreed 100%.

Where do you find their coverage regularly? I watched a few races via torrents this year but they have been down for a solid month or so, and watching SPEED coverage now is brutally disappointing.

I mean, NO post-race interviews? Coming back from commercial breaks AFTER the few passes of a race are completed? Nice.
I buy the high rez subscription at MotoGP.com every season...you get ALL the race week-end interviews...live coverage of all 3 FP's and QP..and a live uninterupted broadcast of the race. You get full coverate of the 125 class and Moto2, as well. (And Moto2 has become my FAVORITE "racing" class of them all....as they, you know, actually RACE...rather than ride around in formation based on whether they are on a factory or satellite spec bike.) And all in glorious HD....gotta love it.

It's cheap....120 bucks a season...no reason NOT to have it if you are a race fan.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 05:42 PM   #15
fasternyou929
SFL Expatriate #2

Moto: CBR1000

Quote:
I buy the high rez subscription at MotoGP.com every season...you get ALL the race week-end interviews...live coverage of all 3 FP's and QP..and a live uninterupted broadcast of the race. You get full coverate of the 125 class and Moto2, as well. (And Moto2 has become my FAVORITE "racing" class of them all....as they, you know, actually RACE...rather than ride around in formation based on whether they are on a factory or satellite spec bike.) And all in glorious HD....gotta love it.

It's cheap....120 bucks a season...no reason NOT to have it if you are a race fan.
Cool, thanks man. Didn't even know about that option. I assume it per season, not 12 month calendar, so I'll have to buy in next year.

I'll just have to find a way to watch it on my tv rather than my computer monitor (much to the wife's chagrin).
fasternyou929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #16
anthonyk
WERA White Plate

Moto: '01 Aprilia Falco

Is the reliability of the motogp.com feed better now than in previous years? A few years ago I did the same thing, but then it became really hard to connect to races (and to watch a full race without an interrupted connection). Now I just torrent the euro coverage.

To me, Toby Moody and Julian Ryder are the voices of MotoGP. They usually miscall something at least once a race, but you also get gems like:

Toby: Dani Pedrosa [weighs] 49 kilos!

Julian: My lord, I've had bigger dogs.
anthonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:00 PM   #17
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by defector View Post
Ralph Shaheen must have a lifetime contract with Speed, or something. That guy does commentating on everything.
This.

He's very good at stating the obvious but when it comes to actual technical facts about the race or certain motorcycle he ALWAYS passes it to whomever he comments with.(Jeff Emig SX, Scott Russel SBK)
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #18
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

Quote:
Cool, thanks man. Didn't even know about that option. I assume it per season, not 12 month calendar, so I'll have to buy in next year.
They are having a half season sale right night....get the rest of the season half price....and it's easy...just HDMI from your PC to your TV.

http://www.motogp.com/en/Subscribe?v=d

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Is the reliability of the motogp.com feed better now than in previous years?
Yes...I've not had any trouble at all....fires right up..and I watch the entire race in HD on my flat screen in my den.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 01:05 AM   #19
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:

Cool...give me ur ID and password. You can have multiple people using those at the same time.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #20
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Those are the same hacks that do the commentating for US WSBK races on Speed. Much better to watch those races on mute.

NO idea how they landed those jobs.
I hated how White and Russel did Laguna this past weekend. Being forced to watch "shitville Man" call Moto GP is just wrong. Whenever my mom walks in when I'm watching an AMA race, she yells "OMG how did he land that job." I tell her that he is Mr Daytona, so apparently he is qualified to be an announcer. She just shivered and said that he sounds like Deputy Dog with a mouth full of shit....

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Is the reliability of the motogp.com feed better now than in previous years? A few years ago I did the same thing, but then it became really hard to connect to races (and to watch a full race without an interrupted connection). Now I just torrent the euro coverage.

To me, Toby Moody and Julian Ryder are the voices of MotoGP. They usually miscall something at least once a race, but you also get gems like:

Toby: Dani Pedrosa [weighs] 49 kilos!

Julian: My lord, I've had bigger dogs.
Toby and Julian are good, not sure I like them as much as Gavin and Nick. I always like that third guy that is behind Toby and Julian, who chimes in every so often about mechanical and technical stuff. He always makes me laugh.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote