Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Model Reviews

Old 11-10-2008, 11:53 PM   #11
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Of any cruiser- except maybe a Triumph (that parallel twin is too freaking cool), Vic's look the best.

In the Dec. issue of Motorcyclist, they tested a Victory Kingpin 8-ball against an HD Cross Bones. Guess which won?

The Victory, with a more comfortable seat and bars, better suspension, better frame, better brakes, better handling, more torque, more horsepower, and a $3k lower price tag.

Or the HD, with over sprung, underdamped suspension, a tractor seat, pain in the ass ergoes, barely adequate brakes, and a shifty dead fish frame.

The Hardley of course, because it's ancient history "oozes coolness." They been smokin' strong stuff. (all the descriptions are nearly direct quotes- I'm lazy)
triumph america is a sexy bitch. id love one for touring
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:49 AM   #12
Dnyce
flyin high

Moto: 10speed huffy w/cards in the spokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzergirl View Post
Yeah, my SO's bike "oozes coolness". LOL Every time I ride it something falls off. No. Really. First it was the Dipstick (not me, the thing that measures the oil ). The next ride it was some oil cooler cover or whatnot. Then, the best thing EVER, wait for it...

The clutch linkage came off. Yup. Couldn't shift AT ALL. That was a bit scary. So every time we ride now our friends all carry parts (rubber bands, tie wraps, hair ties, etc... )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Further, you simply can't beat Harley dealerships and their frequency if ever on the road.

hmmm

not a hater, but that was too easy
Old 11-11-2008, 07:06 AM   #13
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

I say do it. I actually work for Triumph dealership that also owns a Victory dealership. Victory has made some great strides in their short existance the biggest one is teaming up with Arlen Ness. I've ridden almost all the bikes except the Hammer and they are friggen sweet. Plus like its been said they are reliable. I haven't met one Victory owner who has said that their bike has been in the shop for anything other than routine maintence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
triumph america is a sexy bitch. id love one for touring
The America is nice, the Speedmaster is nicer and the Rocket is King. I have the Rocket III Touring in my garage right now and its a sweet bike. 2.3 liter 3 cylinder...shit hauls, I think I hit like 110mph and I had more to go, oh yeah it weighs 788lbs not bad for tourer...stay on topic, just adding a side note

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:32 AM   #14
nhgunnut
gun totin redneck

Moto: turbo busa 999 Duc Goldwing & Victory

My wife and I each have a Victory. I have a 01, V92c aqnd the wife has 03 TC. My 01 has been punched to 101 with cams increased compression and hopped fuel delivery with 2 into 1 drag pipes and is as reliable as a tank. My wifes has the Freedom Big Bore Kit stage 1 pipes and a chip.
Both bikes are comfortable powerful and with great brakes. (Brembos). For a cruiser I can recomend them whole heartedly.
Should you get one and want to tweak it a bit, let me recomemnd Lloydz Motorworks in Pinebush NY Built both motors for us. One thing you should be aware that the 100 ci forward have very low compression (J&E makes a nice 10.5 to 1 and 12 to 1 kits). You will not go wrong with a Victory and if we dod not already have a set of Goldwings we would probably haveVisions.
As little as I like Push rod engines the only other Cruiser I would consider is the Star, good looking machines.
nhgunnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:52 PM   #15
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Moto: Victory Kingpin Low

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgunnut View Post
the only other Cruiser I would consider is the Star, good looking machines.
V-star 1100 Silverado was my first bike. Sold it to pay off some bills and got debt free.
I loved that bike ,had HK staggered straight pipes, stage 1 kit, oil filter mod, K&N air cleaner, Ulitmate seat (can't say enough good stuff about that seat), plus a few other little items that made it so sweet. It was bittersweet getting rid of it. For what its worth, it could take on a VTX 1300 without breaking a sweat (so to speak). It went from reliable little grandma bike to "HOLD ON TIGHT" LOL I miss it.

The more I look at Victory the more I like them. I need something versatile as it will be a daily driver and my transport for a solo trip to Sand Point Idaho and back next summer (I hope). With all the options for saddlebags and trunk it doesn't look like I could do much better anywhere else.

I can be "out the door" including the buttf**k costs, for about $18,500.
Cruzergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 02:59 PM   #16
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Aside from the massively huge fenders it's a good looking bike.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 03:10 PM   #17
Rider
Moto GP Star

I don't like those big ass fenders....... Or the color.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 07:37 PM   #18
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Those big ass fenders are a big part of the reason that I LIKE the bike.
Old 11-21-2008, 06:29 PM   #19
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

I'd say check out the Triumph Rocket Three first. That's one hauling ass mutha. Then check out the Harley-Davidson V-Rod family.

But if you were to really want the geezer cruiser, then yes, the Victory is the better choice. Decent power and well sorted (for a cruiser) suspension. Isn't as floaty in the corners as a typical Hardly Ableson or a rice burner.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:35 PM   #20
Cruzergirl
Its a good day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
I'd say check out the Triumph Rocket Three first. That's one hauling ass mutha. Then check out the Harley-Davidson V-Rod family.

But if you were to really want the geezer cruiser, then yes, the Victory is the better choice. Decent power and well sorted (for a cruiser) suspension. Isn't as floaty in the corners as a typical Hardly Ableson or a rice burner.
Triumph Rocket Three That is a bit much for me (5'3", 120lbs) although I did sit on one I would not want to own one.

V-Rod? Yup, that's a sweet bike alright. My goal is to be just as comfortable riding to Idaho as I would be going to bike night or work in the morning.

If I wanted a geezer bike I would go with a Venture, Gold Wing, Ultra Classic or maybe a Victory Vision.

My dream bike? BMW R1200 GS But that may be 'slightly' out of my reach.