Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Model Reviews

Old 07-06-2009, 09:14 PM   #11
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Street triple is an awesome machine, the only thing I could say to improve it was that I did notice that I was getting a blast of air right in the helmet at highway speed, and it tired me out. A slightly larger windscreen would have been awesome, but overall a very well composed bike.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:23 PM   #12
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Boo Street. You want the Speed. After riding your R1 you'll laugh at the Street.
you might have a point there.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:28 PM   #13
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
i believe a speed trip R is coming. Was just reading reports the other day that they may be roadtesting the replacement for the aging 1050, heres hoping theres a new daytona litre and a serious wsbk effort coming with it
Oooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Well considering my switch will be a couple years out, I'll just have to wait and see what those wacky Brits come up with!!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:31 AM   #14
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

How does it compare to the new 1125R?

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:11 AM   #15
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
id say it doesnt. completely different purposes there. then again, fast bikes put the speed and the 1125CR in the same comparison. wasnt pretty, they really dont like buell's "innovations". they didnt have a whole lot of good to say about the speed either actually , they placed seventh and fifth. respectfully. other bikes tested were the corsaro avio, tuono, brutale, super duke, and monster 1100, which all did better, the exception being the corsaro which slotted in above the buell, under the speed.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:47 AM   #16
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
i believe a speed trip R is coming. Was just reading reports the other day that they may be roadtesting the replacement for the aging 1050, heres hoping theres a new daytona litre and a serious wsbk effort coming with it
The Speed Triple is an "R" really. It's already got better suspension and engine over the Street. And I've also heard rumor of an 1100 version coming down the pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
To be honest, I dont know. It's been nearly 3 years since I rode the 1125R. It's got to be more comfortable with the upright bars though. The power was very linear on the Triple. Pulled nice and clean from down low, much like a twin. It was certainly a HELL of a lot smoother than my XB. Very smooth and very easy to ride. The XB is quirky...which I like. But it takes some getting used to.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:57 AM   #17
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billie Jean View Post
The Speed Triple is an "R" really. It's already got better suspension and engine over the Street. And I've also heard rumor of an 1100 version coming down the pipe.

To be honest, I dont know. It's been nearly 3 years since I rode the 1125R. It's got to be more comfortable with the upright bars though. The power was very linear on the Triple. Pulled nice and clean from down low, much like a twin. It was certainly a HELL of a lot smoother than my XB. Very smooth and very easy to ride. The XB is quirky...which I like. But it takes some getting used to.
so the base 1198 is an ''r'' because it comes with a bigger engine and better suspension than an 848? :Lmao:
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #18
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
so the base 1198 is an ''r'' because it comes with a bigger engine and better suspension than an 848? :Lmao:
No...but the Stree Triple first came out with a dumbed down engine and shitty brakes and suspension compared to the 675 Daytona is was based on. They put out an R version with the unmodified 675 engine, the same 675 suspension and radial brakes because people complained.

The Speed already had a full power engine and good suspension and brakes.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #19
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Those are two different bikes, sparky.

The 1198 has the same Showa suspension as the 848.

The point was that there isn't a need for an S3 "R" as is already has the upgraded suspension and brakes.

It would be like selling an 1198 with ohlins, TC and Marchesini's and then selling the 1198S.

Pretty much redundant redundancy, no?
Old 07-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #20
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Those are two different bikes, sparky.

The 1198 has the same Showa suspension as the 848.

The point was that there isn't a need for an S3 "R" as is already has the upgraded suspension and brakes.

It would be like selling an 1198 with ohlins, TC and Marchesini's and then selling the 1198S.

Pretty much redundant redundancy, no?
Exactly my point. I'm glad someone else understands. Dave is a bit slow.

Quote: