Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #1
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1
Thumbs up Maiden voyage on the R1.....

*sigh*

So we got the R1 tagged, etc.... last night (woot), replaced the headlights with silver satr bulbs, and I finally got to ride her today. Holy cow.... Even just on my quick little 12.5 mile commute to work (primarily on the highway) it was just sheer joy. Just an amazingly nimble, light and RESPONSIVE machine. Comfortable, fits me well, responds to my every whim or wish... just a blast. I can't wait to get out on a longer ride Thursday night (and I've also got a couple longer adventures planned with her both Saturday and Sunday).

Those short 12.5 miles this morning confirmed -- I chose correctly. This is without a doubt the bike for me.

*swoon*
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:13 PM   #2
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Good stuff!!!

You need a Non Fuzzy picture of your avatar...Lol

Congrats again...and I'm jealous you can still RIDE TO WORK...Bastards and there four seasons.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:14 PM   #3
t-homo
WSB Champion

That's awesome.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #4
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
*sigh*

So we got the R1 tagged, etc.... last night (woot), replaced the headlights with silver satr bulbs, and I finally got to ride her today. Holy cow.... Even just on my quick little 12.5 mile commute to work (primarily on the highway) it was just sheer joy. Just an amazingly nimble, light and RESPONSIVE machine. Comfortable, fits me well, responds to my every whim or wish... just a blast. I can't wait to get out on a longer ride Thursday night (and I've also got a couple longer adventures planned with her both Saturday and Sunday).

Those short 12.5 miles this morning confirmed -- I chose correctly. This is without a doubt the bike for me.

*swoon*
Damn cheater bike they are prety comfy bikes though and def a capable track weapon as well.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:18 PM   #5
neebelung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Good stuff!!!

You need a Non Fuzzy picture of your avatar...Lol

Congrats again...and I'm jealous you can still RIDE TO WORK...Bastards and there four seasons.

Yeah the photo resizer I have at home isn't too great... need to do it here at work I guess.

LOLZ... Oh yeah, I guess a lot of you have put up your bikes for winter... shoot, I didn't even need the liner in my jacket or gloves this morning! Leather jacket, leather gauntlets jeans and boots, and I was super comfy (just need to treat my visor with Antifog... it was BAD this morning )

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Damn cheater bike they are prety comfy bikes though and def a capable track weapon as well.

Tom
LOL... cheater squid bike???
Old 11-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #6
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

My scorpion Doesnt FOG EVER...I even try to get the bitch to fog up and it doesnt...Awesome Visor.

And yes...Winter is upon us...although tommorrow I think i'm going out...Fuck it I'll be ok

53 and Sunny.

Bust out the Hoodie and Long Johns!!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:23 PM   #7
neebelung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
My scorpion Doesnt FOG EVER...I even try to get the bitch to fog up and it doesnt...Awesome Visor.

And yes...Winter is upon us...although tommorrow I think i'm going out...Fuck it I'll be ok

53 and Sunny.

Bust out the Hoodie and Long Johns!!
I love my Arai, but the ONLY complaint I have about it is the lack of an anti fog visor. I was actually just saying last night that the Scorpion Black Dahlia helmet would look great with my bike (and has anti fog).... *hmm*
Old 11-11-2008, 12:25 PM   #8
t-homo
WSB Champion

I also love my anti-fog scorpion visor. However, I am probably going to try to move up to a exo-700 or maybe 1000 next year.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #9
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

That is so exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
I also love my anti-fog scorpion visor. However, I am probably going to try to move up to a exo-700 or maybe 1000 next year.
I have the 700...never fogs. I love my helmet.

Although my glasses fog.
Ms. Colleen still makes us all think back and wonder about our preschool teachers
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:35 PM   #10
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
I love my Arai, but the ONLY complaint I have about it is the lack of an anti fog visor. I was actually just saying last night that the Scorpion Black Dahlia helmet would look great with my bike (and has anti fog).... *hmm*
Lol, Thats My Fiancee's Helmet...Fucker was More expensive than mine...And Mine is an EXO 400 hers is the 700...lol

She gets complimented on it all the time...Non Motorcycle people think its airbrushed on there...I'm like no it came like that...Lol

Woot!