Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-04-2008, 03:31 AM   #31
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

That's why I like Vegas. You never know when you're gonna binge. What if you run out at 3am? Just go and get some more. 24 hour beer sales. Love it.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:22 AM   #32
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZukLady View Post
Why were you buying beer at CVS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
prolly cause they sell it...
Exactly. It was on the way to my cousin's house and they sell alcohol. All kinds, not just beer. They also sell good beer, which I bought.

Quote:
Wellll..the CVS around here is a pharmacy/store...is this a different kind of CVS?
Same place. See above.

Quote:
Thats so crazy...but then again, i live in MA, where it just became legal to sell alcohol on a sunday like 3 years ago!
Still illegal for stores to sell beer on Sunday here in Indiana. Also can't buy beer after a certain time and before 7am. I work the night shift and stopped at a Kroger on my way home to pick up some beer. It was 6:45 and they wouldn't sell it to me. Said I had to wait till 7. So I stood there for 15 minutes reading magazines in the checkout aisle until 7.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:18 AM   #33
Rider
Moto GP Star

When I was 16 I bought(Yes I had a fake ID) a case of Hamms for $10 with a $5 mail in rebate. By the time I recycled the cans it was less than $4 for a case of beer.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:33 AM   #34
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

I remember when I was 19-20, I would party at this college religiously. Since most of the guys I hung out with didn't have cars, I would be responsible for the booze runs. I would make some bank on these runs. They didn't know I would go to NH and pick up the booze tax free. All I had to do was smoke up my buddy for his troubles too. It wasn't uncommon for me to leave the college with $300 for booze. Use to pocket like $30-$40 every time.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 01:28 PM   #35
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I remember when I was 19-20, I would party at this college religiously. Since most of the guys I hung out with didn't have cars, I would be responsible for the booze runs. I would make some bank on these runs. They didn't know I would go to NH and pick up the booze tax free. All I had to do was smoke up my buddy for his troubles too. It wasn't uncommon for me to leave the college with $300 for booze. Use to pocket like $30-$40 every time.
That is the only good thing about being sober driver. Everyone will want to go to taco bell or somewhere and you can get all sorts of free food. Now I just pay a guy 15 dollars everytime i'm up for sober drive so he does it for me.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:50 PM   #36
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

I bought a case of American Beer once. $5 a case. I was in high school. Never again.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:16 PM   #37
Mule
Snidely Whiplash

Moto: 05 xb9sx

Olde English 800......$1.29 a quart
Old 03-04-2008, 04:17 PM   #38
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Life's too short for cheap beer.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #39
Mule
Snidely Whiplash

Moto: 05 xb9sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
Life's too short for cheap beer.
i believe that was said earlier.... if you want to use old tired adages how about "Variety is the spice of life"?

it is my opinion that one should try even the cheap beers, might find a diamond in the rough....

i did the olde english back in the day because it was cheap, i was in high school on a tight budget and it could get you fuct-up
Old 03-04-2008, 04:36 PM   #40
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
i believe that was said earlier.... if you want to use old tired adages how about "Variety is the spice of life"?

it is my opinion that one should try even the cheap beers, might find a diamond in the rough....

i did the olde english back in the day because it was cheap, i was in high school on a tight budget and it could get you fuct-up
I didn't feel like reading 4 pages worth of posts about cheap beer, but I'll bet $5 that it was Rider who said it if it was said earlier in the thread.

That said, I'm not in high school, but if I ever find myself in a position with I can't afford GOOD beer, I'll just do without.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote