Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 04-17-2008, 07:11 PM   #21
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Thanks for the update and the pics. Wrecking sucks, but at least you were on the track and didn't get hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
What were you thinking in that moment, Christopher? I'm kinda curious. Everytime I've crashed and remembered it, it went something like this, "This is going to hurt."
I think there was only one time I thought, "this is going to hurt." The other times were more like, "son of a bitch, not again! There goes more money I have to spend on the bike. I need to learn to be a better rider!!"
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #22
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

That shit's hilarious to me.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:06 PM   #23
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine View Post
What were you thinking in that moment, Christopher? I'm kinda curious. Everytime I've crashed and remembered it, it went something like this, "This is going to hurt."
Really, two things were going through my head. Immediately all I cared about was the bike. That's why in the pictures you can see that I'm still watching it as it slides.

Then as I was sliding I thought about the possibility of someone behind me and also that someone watching me crash could have target fixated and followed me especially since I was still in the novice group at that point... so I looked back and prepared to have to jump out of the way.

It all happens fast but slow-mo at the same time. But really I had no concern for myself, just the bike and my wallet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Thanks for the update and the pics. Wrecking sucks, but at least you were on the track and didn't get hurt.
Yeah... I don't even want to think about how badly street crashes can get. Even a little low speed lowside can turn into disaster based on traffic and runoff room/obstacles. *shiver*
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote