Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 03-12-2008, 08:33 PM   #31
fatburg
Grill Master

Moto: Yamaha FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
hmmm, well, I cant say I have a preference for one over the other honestly...

I KNOW for a fact ICON held up well when I wrecked...i LOVED the design on it, because while it was a lil busy, it was perfect for my style...

I have no experience on how the Scorpion will hold up in a wreck (and hopefully never will ), but for my everyday needs so far it has been fantastic.

I would go either way...
hmmm....intrigued

but on topic, thanks for the input. There are a couple of designs I dig with the icon lids. I just have a hard time dropping $600 on a helmet, and before anyone asks, NO, I am not sure if my head is worth $600.
fatburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:23 AM   #32
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatburg View Post
hmmm....intrigued

but on topic, thanks for the input. There are a couple of designs I dig with the icon lids. I just have a hard time dropping $600 on a helmet, and before anyone asks, NO, I am not sure if my head is worth $600.
Interesting, I only spent about $200 on my $300 retail priced ICON, i had no idea they had gotten so expensive, but they do have some sweet designs...PICS dude, pics...

As for my Scorpion, I forgot to mention, the only other thing I am not thrilled about is it is TOO PLAIN. Not that I like flashy tacky stuff, but I got the silver and white and it is very blah...but was the best one they had out so far...but even that one I got a good deal on, only about $300...
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 11:32 AM   #33
papapoi
Lost

I have a Scorpion Exo-700 and an Icon main frame and i like my Scorpion better its a lil heavier but it is Steady in the wind. now my Icon Its lighter but It not as wind friendly and is a little noisier, Both are great helmets and i use both regularly. Scorpion Has a snug fit and thicker padding. My bike is a nekd bike also so no wind visor for me.
Old 03-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #34
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Interesting, I only spent about $200 on my $300 retail priced ICON, i had no idea they had gotten so expensive, but they do have some sweet designs...PICS dude, pics...

As for my Scorpion, I forgot to mention, the only other thing I am not thrilled about is it is TOO PLAIN. Not that I like flashy tacky stuff, but I got the silver and white and it is very blah...but was the best one they had out so far...but even that one I got a good deal on, only about $300...
Ok Rae maybe I'll change my mind about dating female bikers in your case! We agree so often! I also looked at the EXO1000 but was turned off by the styling. The features are the cat's ass but I thought it was way ugly (no offense) and if I had to get one it would have been the white/silver as white is my fav color. I also often look at helmets that "flip open" to uncover your face but can't find one that I like the looks of or that doesn't sound like a hurricane is in my head at 150mph. I'm a total sucker for features(gimmicks) like the sun shield. Heck,that's why I've ordered the Akuma helmet. It will have a built in battery pac,a tint on demand visor(hit a button and it darkens/lightens),blue tooth head set ,flashing leds on the back and a map reading light in the front! Plus it weighs the same as my HJC AC12 Carbon(supposedly). They have some of the coolest graphics I've seen for a while as well. To include some military themed ones a military brats like us can appreciate. www.akumahelmets.com.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:44 PM   #35
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Ok Rae maybe I'll change my mind about dating female bikers in your case! We agree so often! I also looked at the EXO1000 but was turned off by the styling. The features are the cat's ass but I thought it was way ugly (no offense) and if I had to get one it would have been the white/silver as white is my fav color. I also often look at helmets that "flip open" to uncover your face but can't find one that I like the looks of or that doesn't sound like a hurricane is in my head at 150mph. I'm a total sucker for features(gimmicks) like the sun shield. Heck,that's why I've ordered the Akuma helmet. It will have a built in battery pac,a tint on demand visor(hit a button and it darkens/lightens),blue tooth head set ,flashing leds on the back and a map reading light in the front! Plus it weighs the same as my HJC AC12 Carbon(supposedly). They have some of the coolest graphics I've seen for a while as well. To include some military themed ones a military brats like us can appreciate. www.akumahelmets.com.
oh sweet jesus, i think I just fell in love...i got goosebumps lookin at those helmets...brrr, i know where Im buying my next one from!! Oh the gadgets I can get!!!
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:52 PM   #36
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
oh sweet jesus, i think I just fell in love...i got goosebumps lookin at those helmets...brrr, i know where Im buying my next one from!! Oh the gadgets I can get!!!

Damn! You about gave me a heart attack! At first I thought you were talking about me!(down boy,down!) Anyway,I'm working on a discount right now with them and Ron Ayers,so if you're interested let me know. We have to buy 3 to qualify,so I'm getting the Werewolf and Doragon and RA is gonna keep an Apache to sell. We're waiting on the Apache and the T.O.D. visors now. I'm getting both helmets for $600 with all the gadgets so.....WOO FUCKING HOO!!!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 01:05 PM   #37
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Damn! You about gave me a heart attack! At first I thought you were talking about me!(down boy,down!) Anyway,I'm working on a discount right now with them and Ron Ayers,so if you're interested let me know. We have to buy 3 to qualify,so I'm getting the Werewolf and Doragon and RA is gonna keep an Apache to sell. We're waiting on the Apache and the T.O.D. visors now. I'm getting both helmets for $600 with all the gadgets so.....WOO FUCKING HOO!!!!!
That Ghostrider is pretty bad ass.. I'd rock that helmet. It would also fit into my personal life, since I used to work on jets in the Navy and now I design stuff for military jets.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:40 PM   #38
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
That Ghostrider is pretty bad ass.. I'd rock that helmet. It would also fit into my personal life, since I used to work on jets in the Navy and now I design stuff for military jets.
Yea,I used to think the lights were kinda cheesey but heck,you can always turn them off! My main reason for trying them is the T.O.D.! I've been dreaming of something like that for decades!
Old 03-13-2008, 02:47 PM   #39
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Yea,I used to think the lights were kinda cheesey but heck,you can always turn them off! My main reason for trying them is the T.O.D.! I've been dreaming of something like that for decades!
Thats a pretty sweet idea. You never have to worry about being out late with your tinted visor. Just hit a button and you're back to clear..
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 03:34 PM   #40
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Thats a pretty sweet idea. You never have to worry about being out late with your tinted visor. Just hit a button and you're back to clear..
IF it works... Big claims.