Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #31
dreaded
Unregisturd

Moto: CBR1k DRZsm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
think of it this way... how does the government take away your license? because it's a PRIVLEGE they allow you to Drive or Ride on their roads... so they have the RIGHT to determine what requirements you must meet to get that Privlege.

take Zoomies track... she can invite us to ride on her track... but she has final say as to what requirements we have to meet. if halfway through the day she wants us all to ride in Pink leathers... she has the right to request it... if we don't... she has the RIGHT to boot us off her track.

and give me a break... I'm not saying everything the government does is a good idea... I'm just saying that in THIS case they're not taking away a right. they're making more requirements for you to utilize a PRIVLEGE.
Logic fail #2. I paid for those roads with my tax dollars.

I never said they took away a right. They are limiting freedom. NOTHING is a right. No man has ANY inherent rights from anyone ever. Yes, there are governments and churches that will tell you there are some or that you can have some. This isn't about "rights." RIGHTS (the way that people like you perceive them) are just an affront to TRUE freedom.

Who told you that riding without a helmet was a Bad Idea™?
dreaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:57 PM   #32
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaded View Post
Logic fail #2. I paid for those roads with my tax dollars.

I never said they took away a right. They are limiting freedom. NOTHING is a right. No man has ANY inherent rights from anyone ever. Yes, there are governments and churches that will tell you there are some or that you can have some. This isn't about "rights." RIGHTS (the way that people like you perceive them) are just an affront to TRUE freedom.

Who told you that riding without a helmet was a Bad Idea™?
so are they taking away your freedom my requireing you to have a drivers license? or a motorcycle license?

what about requiring headlights at night... or limiting your speed? ect... they're all requirements for the use of a privlege...

as for paying for it with your tax dollars... we all fund the space shuttle... how much say do we get in that?
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:27 PM   #33
dreaded
Unregisturd

Moto: CBR1k DRZsm

Quote:
so are they taking away your freedom my requireing you to have a drivers license? or a motorcycle license?
Mandating PERSONAL safety. I can slow down and use smaller words if you're having this much difficulty following along... really...

I, no, need, gubbee-min, tell, me, how, live, life.

Did that help?

Quote:
what about requiring headlights at night... or limiting your speed? ect... they're all requirements for the use of a privlege...
Ok, so it appears you ARE having difficulty following along. Allow me to help you by selecting a different activity. We'll use riding an ATV on private property as an example (because you clearly cannot comprehend this situation from the previous given examples and are trying to steer the conversation away from the subject.)

So, where were we? ATVs! Yes. So, why should it be illegal for one to purchase, own and operate ATVs or (since I am speaking slowly and clearly for you) any other kind of offroad vehicle on my OWN private land without the governments consent to helmet laws. Hrmmm....?

Same thing in public. If some squid wants to take himself out, why shouldn't he be free too? Yeah yeah, cry about your insurance- easy enough, just put acheckbox on the insurance application saying "I do not wear a helmet 100% of the time when I ride."

But right under it, put another checkbox that reads "Pull the plug when I am veggie."

Quote:
as for paying for it with your tax dollars... we all fund the space shuttle... how much say do we get in that?
In the future, lets hope we have a better say in government. Maybe in the future true citizens and patriots will alleviate some of this reckless spending of public funds on asshole politicians who sit around waging war and conjuring up bullshit- like helmet laws.

~

Actually, you know what, I'm just going to unsubscribe from this one. You can bother answering me, but I fear that you're just not smart enough to get it. Best of luck staying in line with the other sheep.

Have fun doing whatever the government tells you!
dreaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:39 PM   #34
JARVIS518
BOOBS!!

Moto: 06 CBR 600RR

wow
JARVIS518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 08:42 PM   #35
Ninjakel
Post whorette

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600-

wow. Baahhhhhhhaaaaaa

--Ron Burgundy--
Anchorman
Ninjakel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:07 PM   #36
bmblebee
Community Curmudgeon

Moto: '04 F4i

I am posting pics of the bike in another thread. look for Bee's crash pics

Dang, I'm having trouble getting them small enough to upload so you can see them

If You Don't Know What Your Rights are...You Won't Have Any

Last edited by bmblebee; 11-21-2008 at 09:45 AM..
bmblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:09 PM   #37
was92v
Nowhere Man

I would like to comment on a couple of Dreaded's statements:

""Helmet laws do suck- if you're so worried about getting hurt (or killed), stop riding motorcycles.""

Stop riding, let me think about that...No.

""Just because the government DOES something doesn't make it a good idea. Learn to think for yourself.""

I Learned how to think for myself a long time ago and I think that my head is better off with a helmet on it. I wear one regardless of the law or not.

''Who told you that riding without a helmet was a Bad Idea™?""

My think for myself brain told me that it could end badly for me to ride without a helmet and I usually take my own advise. Well, that and the way that some of my helmets have looked like after a get-off over the last 40 years of riding.

Experience has also told me that leather gear helps alleviate that next day, stand in the shower and scream while trying to peel the bed sheet off my back feeling.
I learned to like a face shield when a June Bug t-boned me right between the eyes at 75mph back in the early 70's and almost put me out. Ate a wasp once too..
I could go on with what parts of my body (most) have been damaged in some way while riding that MADE me think for myself, usually accompanied by a dose of pain to help with recall.
I have also crashed on tracks at over a hundred MPH and got up and walked away without a scratch (usually), because my gear gave its life for me, including my helmet. I love them for the sacrifice and try to never leave home on two wheels without my closest riding buds right there with me.
That said, I also do not particularly like the gov't telling me what to do, in fact all laws suck, but they are a necessary evil in society because everyone is not as smart as I am .
was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 09:24 PM   #38
was92v
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Mandating PERSONAL safety. I can slow down and use smaller words if you're having this much difficulty following along... really...

Did that help?

Ok, so it appears you ARE having difficulty following along. Allow me to help you by selecting a different activity. We'll use riding an ATV on private property as an example (because you clearly cannot comprehend this situation from the previous given examples and are trying to steer the conversation away from the subject.)

So, where were we? ATVs! Yes. So, why should it be illegal for one to purchase, own and operate ATVs or (since I am speaking slowly and clearly for you) any other kind of offroad vehicle on my OWN private land without the governments consent to helmet laws. Hrmmm....?

Same thing in public. If some squid wants to take himself out, why shouldn't he be free too? Yeah yeah, cry about your insurance- easy enough, just put acheckbox on the insurance application saying "I do not wear a helmet 100% of the time when I ride."

But right under it, put another checkbox that reads "Pull the plug when I am veggie."

In the future, lets hope we have a better say in government. Maybe in the future true citizens and patriots will alleviate some of this reckless spending of public funds on asshole politicians who sit around waging war and conjuring up bullshit- like helmet laws.

~

Actually, you know what, I'm just going to unsubscribe from this one. You can bother answering me, but I fear that you're just not smart enough to get it. Best of luck staying in line with the other sheep.

I guess if ya can't take the heat get out of the kitchen...

was92v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 10:42 PM   #39
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:

Did that help?

~

First... can you not defend you stand point with out reducing it to ignorant name calling and mockery? any point you've made is lost in how you presented it. grow up and join the discussion like an adult.

but here... I'll address your points.

Quote:
I'm the one stearing the subject away? we were talking about helmet laws on public roads and you start in on ATV's? HUGE diffrence... your not on public roads... if you get hurt or in an accident... public tax dollars are not going to your aid... police aren't going to respond... your not going to effect traffic... ect.

Quote:
because like I said before... the government ALOWES YOU to have the PRIVLIGE of operating a motorvehicle on public roads... it is NOT A RIGHT... and so your subject to what ever regulations they put forth. so... like I asked before... what about the speed limit? or requirements for your vehicle to be smog or inspected? are they infringing on having your rights there?

NO... you can have an un inspected vehicle... you can have a vehicle that burns 100gal of gas a mile, and kills trees instantly with the smog it puts out... you can ride with out a helmet... but not on public roads... because it's against the requirements for you to exercise your PRIVLIGE to ride/drive.

Quote:
~

great... use the extra time to mature and hopefully when you come back you'll have graduated from 7th grade and can have an open discussion like an adult.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 07:38 AM   #40
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

YAY!!!! See? I don't seem quite so bad now,do I? Hahahahahaha!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote