Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6doublefive321 View Post
Exhibit A: Icon

Exhibit B: Joe Rocket

See any difference?
One looks gay as fuck. One doesn't.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 10:30 AM   #52
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Oh fucking please! That's one jacket out of like twenty and on top of that it's an old model they don't make anymore. If we want to play like that,I have an old Technic jacket that matched my '95 FZR1000 that had like 6 different colors on it. My Accerant jacket is white/black and they make one that's all black. Infact that exact model of Icon jacket pictured also came in solid colors. Shit I have the Dainese Tattoo that has "tribal" shit all over it and an Alpinestars T-Stunt that makes me look like the blue power ranger when I wear it with my Arai blue and white Signet helmet. Hell,you've never seen the fucking Joe Rocket Pascal Piquote(sp) "Joker" jacket and I think Shoei made a helmet to match?! Jesus fucking christ,I know you have a bias against Icon for some stupid reason but could you at least play fair? I mean you take the butt ass plainest JR jacket and match it against one of the flashiest(and old) Icon jackets. What kind of bullshit comparo is that? As far as protection goes, I've had the misfortune to crash wearing both Icon jackets(twice,in fact) and Dainese jackets. The Icons held together and the Dainese fell apart. Period. I had to send the Dainese out to be repaired and I still wear both Icon jackets. I've witnessed a Joe Rocket ballistic jacket fall apart in the first 20 feet of a crash. It was all skin after that baby! BTW I'm from Mi and have met the founder of Technics personally. Technics HQ was like 10 miles from my house. I was a Technic fan until a new pair $100 gloves fell apart while I was putting it on. Technic is made in China, probably at the same plant,using the same materials as Icon and Joe Rocket,don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise. Fuck if you want plain,Icon sells solid black jackets and even solid color helmets using non-gloss paint. How much plainer can you get? What's next,you gonna prove that Hondas are faster than Toyotas by pitting a Prius against a S2000? I don't mind someone being FOR a particular brand but for fuck's sake what is behind all this Icon hatred? IMHO for the money,you cannot buy more comfortable,better constructed,more armored riding gear period. Icon makes gear that'll protect you in a crash and you can wear in to the club without looking like a fucking clown. What's wrong with that?
What was that? All I was able to garner from that post was "Icon is fucking ghey".
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #53
6doublefive321
Resident Droog

Moto: 625 SMC, '08 Tuono R

Quote:
Oh fucking please! That's one jacket out of like twenty and on top of that it's an old model they don't make anymore. If we want to play like that,I have an old Technic jacket that matched my '95 FZR1000 that had like 6 different colors on it. My Accerant jacket is white/black and they make one that's all black. Infact that exact model of Icon jacket pictured also came in solid colors. Shit I have the Dainese Tattoo that has "tribal" shit all over it and an Alpinestars T-Stunt that makes me look like the blue power ranger when I wear it with my Arai blue and white Signet helmet. Hell,you've never seen the fucking Joe Rocket Pascal Piquote(sp) "Joker" jacket and I think Shoei made a helmet to match?! Jesus fucking christ,I know you have a bias against Icon for some stupid reason but could you at least play fair? I mean you take the butt ass plainest JR jacket and match it against one of the flashiest(and old) Icon jackets. What kind of bullshit comparo is that? As far as protection goes, I've had the misfortune to crash wearing both Icon jackets(twice,in fact) and Dainese jackets. The Icons held together and the Dainese fell apart. Period. I had to send the Dainese out to be repaired and I still wear both Icon jackets. I've witnessed a Joe Rocket ballistic jacket fall apart in the first 20 feet of a crash. It was all skin after that baby! BTW I'm from Mi and have met the founder of Technics personally. Technics HQ was like 10 miles from my house. I was a Technic fan until a new pair $100 gloves fell apart while I was putting it on. Technic is made in China, probably at the same plant,using the same materials as Icon and Joe Rocket,don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise. Fuck if you want plain,Icon sells solid black jackets and even solid color helmets using non-gloss paint. How much plainer can you get? What's next,you gonna prove that Hondas are faster than Toyotas by pitting a Prius against a S2000? I don't mind someone being FOR a particular brand but for fuck's sake what is behind all this Icon hatred? IMHO for the money,you cannot buy more comfortable,better constructed,more armored riding gear period. Icon makes gear that'll protect you in a crash and you can wear in to the club without looking like a fucking clown. What's wrong with that?
God damn, Tigger. When have you had your blood pressure checked? I'm guessing you are at stroke level at this point.

Here's what I did. Google image search for Icon gear and Joe Rocket gear. The pics above were the first ones that came up for both searches. One is flashy, one is not, WHICH WAS THE POINT OF MY POSTS! I'm not trying to say YOUR gear is lame, or that YOUR tastes are wrong. Just trying to show why I have a perception of Icon being flashy. Chill the fuck out. Every post is not a direct attack on you or your opinions.

And yes, a S2000 is faster than a Prius.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:08 PM   #54
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
One looks gay as fuck. One doesn't.
so speaks the man with the pink tiger stripped bike!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceo012384 View Post
What was that? All I was able to garner from that post was "Icon is fucking ghey".

whatever,Chrissy! You have to be a real man and secure in your heterosexuality to be able wear some things. Why don't you head on back to your,"I just figured out that LCD tvs can be hooked up like computer monitors",thread. DUH Fuck nuts! even my stupid ass knew that shit!!!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:26 PM   #55
Big Kahuna
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!

Moto: 1998 900RR, 2005 1000RR, 2007 GT250R

Yeah, I don't understand all the Icon hatred either? All I wear is Icon, because it is made for the street and thus fits me better because all I do is ride on the street.

Icon has some flashy stuff, but they also have non flashy vesions of the same jackets. I wear both. I like to have a little fun with my gear, so I don't mind the flashy stuff. I could care less what other people think, I buy stuff that I like.

To say that Icon gear is crap, is just plain silly. The only thing I can say to those who bash Icon, is they must have never worn anything they make. I believe Icon's leather is thinker than any other manufacturer. Check it out. These jackets are well put together and contain all the safety features of the race replica jackets the other manufacturers make.

Icon has a great idea, make good quality stuff for those of us that ride on the street. Obviously they have made their point know because Icon is bigger and better than ever.

I've never heard of anyone complain about icon gear who have been down in them. Say what you want about the style, but bashing Icon for the safety is just plain uneducated.

Last edited by Big Kahuna; 03-28-2008 at 01:28 PM..
Big Kahuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:40 PM   #56
t-homo
WSB Champion

God damn, I just stumbled into drama central.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #57
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6doublefive321 View Post
God damn, Tigger. When have you had your blood pressure checked? I'm guessing you are at stroke level at this point.

Here's what I did. Google image search for Icon gear and Joe Rocket gear. The pics above were the first ones that came up for both searches. One is flashy, one is not, WHICH WAS THE POINT OF MY POSTS! I'm not trying to say YOUR gear is lame, or that YOUR tastes are wrong. Just trying to show why I have a perception of Icon being flashy. Chill the fuck out. Every post is not a direct attack on you or your opinions.

And yes, a S2000 is faster than a Prius.
I actually have low blood presure for your information! My main issue with all the Icon hate stems from my opinion that the reason some of you hate it so much is what it stands for. It's marketed as "Urban" riding gear and the spokesperson is black. There was another thread where a bunch of you were slamming on Jason Britten(sp) but I've never seen anyone slam on Todd Corbet(sp),the Star Boys,etc. Why is that? It's the same reason alot of guys unreasonably hate the FUBU brand. Whatever! You probably don't even realize it yourself! That's the beauty of being a halfbreed/stealth nigga! I get to hear white people say shit they'd NEVER say if they knew a "black" guy was around!!! Man,I can't hardly wait until Obama becomes president! It's the first step in the halfbreed plan for WORLD DOMINATION!!! First America then he world!!! HAHAHAHAHA! BTW for you or anyone else here,there's an option in the user cp that allows you to block any members posts,right?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:50 PM   #58
Rider
Moto GP Star

I don't think Icon gear is crap, I just think it looks stupid. We all have our own tastes in clothing and gear. Your go ahead and wear Icon, I don't think any less of you because of it. I just choose to not wear it myself.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:56 PM   #59
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
stealth nigga!
Sorry I found this term fairly amusing. Not to spin this thread 180*, but why is it that black people will commonly use the word "nigger," but if a white person says it then it is a fighting word? Never really made sense to me.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 02:14 PM   #60
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
so speaks the man with the pink tiger stripped bike!!!

Is that all you've got? Weak sauce, kid.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote