Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-08-2009, 01:36 PM   #51
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

...Oh, and Karl, you would love it there...apparently the poor pay more taxes than the rich.

Looks very Republican...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7371984.stm

Like I said, there's apparently still a lot to do in order to fix the inequities between the rich and poor, but Brazil is apparently well on its way to be a great world power.

...oh, and we have SEX DAY.

...and this place need a fucking ass smiley. Brazilians are all about ass, not boobs.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #52
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
A little fact checking reveals it's bullshit:

Lula Vows to Pay Brazil's Debt (2002) :
http://articles.latimes.com/2002/oct...s/fi-brazilp29

Brazil to pay off IMF debts early (2005) :
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4527438.stm

The article above ('05) says they would be able pay them off within MONTHS.

It would appear that not only did they NOT renege on their debt, they paid it off EARLY.

That is the debt that was incurred since the early 90s.
in 1989 or 1990, brazil defaulted on a loan to Canada(US and other countries) that were never paid back. It was the equivalent of national bankruptcy. Brazil started over, and the debts they are paying back now are the ones that started in 1990. Unfortunately, it is hard to find news articles from that time period.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #53
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Quote:
...Oh, and Karl, you would love it there...apparently the poor pay more taxes than the rich.

Looks very Republican...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7371984.stm

Like I said, there's apparently still a lot to do in order to fix the inequities between the rich and poor, but Brazil is apparently well on its way to be a great world power.

...oh, and we have SEX DAY.

...and this place need a fucking ass smiley. Brazilians are all about ass, not boobs.
And i don't want the poor to pay more than the rich. I think everyone should pay the same percentage of taxes from their income.
Old 08-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #54
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl_1052 View Post
And i don't want the poor to pay more than the rich. I think everyone should pay the same percentage of taxes from their income.
Agreed 100%!!! Same percentage for everyone is as fair as it gets! What many people want is for those that work harder and/or smarter, thus making more money, to pay a higher percentage. Absolutely unfair! I'll go along that below a certain point you don't have to pay any taxes but beyond that, we all pay the same percentage.

Example; if I make $10,000, I pay say $500, a $100,000= $5,000, a $1,000,000=$50,000 etc. The rich are still paying "more" than the poor. What's wrong with that?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:40 PM   #55
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

In THEORY, with our wonderful graduated system, the rich, who are theoretically able to bear more of a financial tax burden than those struggling to even feed and clothe their families, are supposed to pay more (percentage-wise).

In ACTUALITY, the rich, who have high-paid accountants, that are a bit more "creative", tend to find tax shelters, and various deductions, and often pay NOTHING.

The only way that we'd all pay the same is by abolishing the IRS, and installing a flat sales tax (exempting basic clothing, basic housing and food).

Not surprisingly, the rich (read: Republicans) oppose such a system vehemently.

Apparently, in that way, the Brazilian rich aren't much different...

Last edited by Avatard; 08-08-2009 at 08:43 PM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #56
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
In THEORY, with our wonderful graduated system, the rich, who are theoretically able to bear more of a financial tax burden than those struggling to even feed and clothe their families, are supposed to pay more (percentage-wise).

In ACTUALITY, the rich, who have high-paid accountants, that are a bit more "creative", tend to find tax shelters, and various deductions, and often pay NOTHING.

The only way that we'd all pay the same is by abolishing the IRS, and installing a flat sales tax (exempting basic clothing, basic housing and food).

BION I am very in the middle of this debate and I must disagree that Rep are the only force against flat tax. Dem are solidly against it as well, stating that the "poor" would have to pay more taxes. They are right because a VERY high percentage of lower income people pay absolutely zero taxes and in fact get EIC "rebates" of thousands of dollars when they have paid little or nothing in. I know because over the years I've helped these bitches spend the checks!!! If we went to a flat tax or even a fair tax system...*poof* there goes those checks. Since they have paid nothing in, they have nothing to "gain" from tax reform. Trust me, one thing I know for a fact is that "poor" people don't pay taxes in this country!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 11:32 PM   #57
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:

You're generalizing because 50% of the taxes are paid by 1.3 million people (rich), while the remaining 135million who pay taxes pay the other 50%. While "a few" may pay 0..those paying 0 are simply using their buisness to purchase their living expenses.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:35 PM   #58
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
BION I am very in the middle of this debate and I must disagree that Rep are the only force against flat tax. Dem are solidly against it as well, stating that the "poor" would have to pay more taxes. They are right because a VERY high percentage of lower income people pay absolutely zero taxes and in fact get EIC "rebates" of thousands of dollars when they have paid little or nothing in. I know because over the years I've helped these bitches spend the checks!!! If we went to a flat tax or even a fair tax system...*poof* there goes those checks. Since they have paid nothing in, they have nothing to "gain" from tax reform. Trust me, one thing I know for a fact is that "poor" people don't pay taxes in this country!!!
Agree...the poor would get fucked the worst by this.

The rich do not want a flat tax because product demand will decrease loosing revenues.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:03 AM   #59
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Agree...the poor would get fucked the worst by this.

The rich do not want a flat tax because product demand will decrease loosing revenues.
To be honest though, I don't agree that these chicks should get paid for getting knocked up... I'm sorry but it's likely that the gov't (we) paid to feed and provide medical for the mother since the day after she got pregnant. Then we paid for the baby to be born and all if not most of their expenses, housing, food, medical, etc) since. Now if the chick works a few days/weeks out of a year, that the gov't (we) probably provided childcare and other incentives (more $$$) for her to do so, the gov't (we) will cut this bitch a check for thousands of dollars when she probably made less than $3000 flipping hamburgers for a month and paid zero taxes on... Yea that sounds fair to me... NO ONE should ever get back more than they paid in regardless of the circumstances!!! IMHO
Old 08-09-2009, 10:43 AM   #60
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Quote:

Apparently, in that way, the worldwide rich aren't much different...
Fixed it for you.