Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 01-28-2010, 09:16 AM   #31
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I have had a few battles with motards on the somewhat smaller tracks I will overtake em on the straights and they would catch me a few turns later. on the larger tracks like summit they just cant compete with the longer straightaway.
When I was club racing my SV in the CMRA they used 'Lightweight GP' as a catch all class. We had Air cooled Ducs, SVs, 125 GP frames and any and all cc Motards. Made for a 3 wave start and lots of crazy action.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!

Last edited by smileyman; 01-28-2010 at 09:19 AM..
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #32
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
who couldnt honestly hit the five?
A few people I know weren't there yet when I left. Both had been riding for a couple years.
One, on a ZX6R, after riding with him one time I told him I refused to ride with him, but would help teach him... in the parking lot, so he could learn to turn/lean etc. He did agree and got better, but still dangerous on the street.

Another is a friend of a friend, put 1000 miles on a 250 ninja before picking up a FZ6. He dropped the FZ 3 blocks from the dealership on a sandy corner. Ever since then he's just been scared. Then again, he thinks I'm crazy the way I lean over the bike.

Both of those guys were probably between the 2 and 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
gimmick, but pretty neat idea, i always use the puff marshmellow man, when he is gone, job well done

that being said i am a lil surprised about how the buell leans compared to the rc, i have been on the actual side wall of the pp on the rc, but can only barely hit the absolute edge of the corsaIIIs on the buelll, i know alot has to do with the rim size difference, buts its still a surprise to this retard
Remember that the Corsa and the PP have different profiles as well
When I replaced the tires first thing I did was to go out on the highway and weave back and forth in my lane to "scuff" the tires a bit. On the Corsa's, I had a good 1/8" or so of chicken strip. On the PP it was right to the edge, on the rears at least.
Just another thing to keep in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Last edited by Cutty72; 01-28-2010 at 10:06 AM..
Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #33
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper996 View Post

She is a blast at Barber as well.
I hesitate to take mine to Barber, as CMP has two areas that I can only go 105 and I get raped for that stretch....I too reel several back in in the corners, but with 2 straights, it's hard to make headway.

Is Barber as bad?
Old 01-28-2010, 01:33 PM   #34
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
I hesitate to take mine to Barber, as CMP has two areas that I can only go 105 and I get raped for that stretch....I too reel several back in in the corners, but with 2 straights, it's hard to make headway.

Is Barber as bad?
Barber has to be worse, it has several long straights. A lot longer than CMP and a lot more of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:08 PM   #35
Thumper996
VTwins and One Lungs rule

Moto: Turning wrenches on my rides

It is kind of a double edge sword. I typically run Intermidiate class, which is where i belong anyway. If i have a sport bike that is running pretty much my lap time i can usually get them and hammer thru the turns enough to eventualy not allow them to overtake me in the striaght. Once i reach that milestone its all over, they are no catching me again.

The real problem is you pretty much run the motards flat out, so if you get stuck behind a sportbike entering a turn they kill your momentum and lap times.

Still fun though, i hope to do Barber, Nashville (it's 15 min form my house) and little Tally. Little tally should be perfect for the motard.
Thumper996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:14 PM   #36
Rider
Moto GP Star

Even the newest of newbs could get to the 5. I had my tires scrubbed sidewall to sidewall within 6 months of riding on the street for the first time.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #37
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Scrubbin to the edges is easy, just ride fast and dont use any body position/lean. The bike will hafta lean farther without you hanging off and walla, no strips.

Or go gung ho and hang off while running ridiculously low lean and risk getting killed due to not having any margin for error. All so you can brag about how shredded your tire is...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #38
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Scrubbin to the edges is easy, just ride fast and dont use any body position/lean. The bike will hafta lean farther without you hanging off and walla, no strips.

Or go gung ho and hang off while running ridiculously low lean and risk getting killed due to not having any margin for error. All so you can brag about how shredded your tire is...
Walla?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:29 PM   #39
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

walla=imagic sound

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:35 PM   #40
Kerry_129
Semi-reformed Squid

To all the '5 is easy, anybody can do it' guys - When is the last time you've looked at the chicken-strips at a typical bike-night?
Kerry_129 is offline   Reply With Quote