Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-12-2010, 10:27 AM   #31
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
They're digging up some more details over on ADVRider:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609270
I'm glad to see the crowd at ADV seems to be a little more level-headed, at least in the one thread.

This is interesting...

Quote:
citizenobserver said on August 10, 2010 at 10:09 PM
Title should read: Trooper Taunts Motorcyclists and crashes. As an EYE WHITNESS, the trooper was traveling at a very low rate of speed in front of a large group of motorcycles and would swerve into the path of any cyclist who would try to pass him, and when one finally got past he gave chase, reaching speeds of over 130mph according to multiple motorcycle witnesses and crashed after failing to negotiate a curve at a high rate. I support our law enforcement community, but this trooper was looking for a chase. The cyclist should not have run, but the officer was dangerously close to the rear tire of the motorcycle and the rider feared for his safety. NOBODY was speeding before the chase. If any more information is needed, leave your contact info on here…
http://www.king5.com/news/local/Wash...age=1#comments
Old 08-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #32
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
citizenobserver said on August 10, 2010 at 10:09 PM
Title should read: Trooper Taunts Motorcyclists and crashes. As an EYE WHITNESS, the trooper was traveling at a very low rate of speed in front of a large group of motorcycles and would swerve into the path of any cyclist who would try to pass him, and when one finally got past he gave chase, reaching speeds of over 130mph according to multiple motorcycle witnesses and crashed after failing to negotiate a curve at a high rate. I support our law enforcement community, but this trooper was looking for a chase. The cyclist should not have run, but the officer was dangerously close to the rear tire of the motorcycle and the rider feared for his safety. NOBODY was speeding before the chase. If any more information is needed, leave your contact info on here…
OH SNAP!

Yeah, I'm such a dick!

OH HOW SWEET THE IRONY OF THIS THREAD!!!

Last edited by Avatard; 08-12-2010 at 10:43 AM..
Avatard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:30 AM   #33
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Thus why I started my post about seeing the dash cam video and used terms in capital letters like IF TRUE.

If the bikers are at fault it still doesn't make all bikers bad and if the officer is at fault it doesn't make all LEO's bad.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:31 AM   #34
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
OH SNAP!

Yeah, I'm such a dick!

OH HOW SWEET THE IRONY OF THIS THREAD!!!
Well you are...that's a given but not just from what you posted in this one thread.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #35
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Meh.
I stand by my defense of cops in general, even if it was misplaced in this instance.
If we aren't willing to let them prove themselves as individuals, we're no better than the cops who see all motorcyclists as outlaws.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:54 AM   #36
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Same thread:

EYEWITNESS: I was driving home with Rentongal on 405 and we saw the pack of approx 30 motorcyclists with 5-10 of them popping wheelies and staying up on one wheel in three lanes of traffic while they were driving with cars all around them. We couldn't believe our eyes and knew that an accident was going to happen because of it. Rentongal told me that she had seen the trooper off the highway right before we saw the motorcyclists so we were hoping they would get busted before someone got killed. They were driving extremely recklessly so the cop had to do something before more help could come. Yes, he probably shouldn't have gone on a high speed chase but the whole story wasn't told about what these cyclists were doing before the chase.

We saw the pack of 30 motorcycles right before they passed the police car. They were doing wheelies at high speeds accross all 3 lanes of traffic! I'm all for a good adrenaline rush, but when I FREQUENTLY see the crotch rockets fly down the freeway on one wheel in the middle of rush hour...can you say "death wish" for themselves or the car they hit when the wipe out on the freeway?? No one can expect the cop to just sit there and do nothing as they passed him. Although, if he was "leading the group" at a very low speed down the freeway (the part I didn't see) and not allowing them to pass, I'm not sure what he was expecting to accomplish. What did he intend to do once they were following him? For the cyclests to turn around and taunt the officer after his car had flipped is tastless and childish. Sounds like there was a lot of testosterone flowing and egos that got in the way!

I doubt we will get the real story
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #37
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Same thread:

EYEWITNESS:

I doubt we will get the real story

That sums it up for me.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:02 AM   #38
Rider
Moto GP Star

There is ALWAYS 3 sides to a story. Simple fact.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:05 AM   #39
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I am sure the group was being idiots, a group of bikers are almost always being idiots. I am sure the cop shouldn't of chased, get the tag and let them go. Pick the dude up when he is whacking off at home by his computer. No one gets hurt.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:11 AM   #40
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
There is ALWAYS 3 sides to a story. Simple fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I am sure the group was being idiots, a group of bikers are almost always being idiots. I am sure the cop shouldn't of chased, get the tag and let them go. Pick the dude up when he is whacking off at home by his computer. No one gets hurt.
True and true