Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 12-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #41
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
Theres a Hard Argument on both angles...I think its very possible we didnt go...Noone has ever been able to explain how we as humans made it through all that radiation unaffected.
They calculated times when major solar flares were unlikely. Things like water and metals were used which could deflect a lot of radiation. Their flight trajectory was devised such that they would fly through the Van Allen Belt where NASA wanted them to and only had a few hour exposure duration.

The human body can also deal with getting dosed pretty well by certain radiations as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #42
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Moto: 2001 Suzuki TL1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
lol There is so much proof that it isn't even debatable except by idiots that follow what other retards say.
Says the idiot blindly following the retards in the United States Government, cuz the Government doesn't lie...

Cry Havok! And let slip the hogs of war!
TommyHotWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:55 PM   #43
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Why haven't we went back if we did it over 40 yrs ago?
Cuz what would be the point, unless we wanted to mine minerals or establish a permanent colony......And neither of those make any sense either, given the cost/return ratio.

Also, the 70's economy sucked, and that along with Vietnam put a damper on many things....
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #44
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Because NASA started hiring per Affirmative Action instead of the best of the best. The best of the best is now in private industry.

We also started focusing on low earth orbit spaceflight. The space shuttle was never meant to go past this type of spaceflight.

It took a ton of high level engineering to make it possible and we are having trouble recreating that level of engineering with the new Titan rockets. It's sad we took much bigger steps in very short time frames and now we can't do it because we don't have the skills and knowledge we did when the space race was big.
Trip, Do you really believe that the rocket scientist now are not as smart as the rocket scientist then or that the smartest thinkers are drawn to other, more lucrative fields? Not arguing, cuz I think Nasa is declining, they have the prototypes sitting in front of the building to copy from, but they still cant figure it out.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:20 PM   #45
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHotWheel View Post
Says the idiot blindly following the retards in the United States Government, cuz the Government doesn't lie...
That's not what I'm suggesting, I'm suggesting you're following the word of internet experts they just make shit up.

I take people like you as serious as I take 9/11 truthers. Not at all.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #46
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Prove they landed. Show proof beyond a shadow of doubt they did what they said. Prove the government doesnt lie. Answer my questions. Prove the theories are false. Show me the telemetry. Show the original footage. disprove the therories that the landing was faked. Show that the rock that was gifted, as actual moon rock and certified by Nasa scientists and signed by the Astronauts as the rock they picked and brought back was not fake. Show me I am wrong. I dare you, till then, tell me who is more retarded, someone who blindly believes what the Government says, or someone who asks for proof? Type in Moon Rock Gifts to your search and see what comes up...sheep.
who are you that they need to prove anything too? you're as good as the flat earthers

Quote:
Because NASA started hiring per Affirmative Action instead of the best of the best. The best of the best is now in private industry.

We also started focusing on low earth orbit spaceflight. The space shuttle was never meant to go past this type of spaceflight.

It took a ton of high level engineering to make it possible and we are having trouble recreating that level of engineering with the new Titan rockets. It's sad we took much bigger steps in very short time frames and now we can't do it because we don't have the skills and knowledge we did when the space race was big.
the fifties were arguably the pinnacle of our ability to develop new shit

Quote:
They calculated times when major solar flares were unlikely. Things like water and metals were used which could deflect a lot of radiation. Their flight trajectory was devised such that they would fly through the Van Allen Belt where NASA wanted them to and only had a few hour exposure duration.

The human body can also deal with getting dosed pretty well by certain radiations as well.
yerp

Quote:
Trip, Do you really believe that the rocket scientist now are not as smart as the rocket scientist then or that the smartest thinkers are drawn to other, more lucrative fields? Not arguing, cuz I think Nasa is declining, they have the prototypes sitting in front of the building to copy from, but they still cant figure it out.
thats exactly what i believe. new stuff comes out but overall its better ways of doing the same things. we are stagnant and possibly declining.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:43 PM   #47
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

We were at our top because of fear
Old 12-12-2010, 09:58 PM   #48
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
I think we have more knowledge about space flight and what we need to do it and have a lot of shit to copy from, but we don't have the people who can progress it as fast as the guys who did it back then.

I honestly don't think the best of the best are becoming rocket scientists. I think they are now are in different fields. It's a different government than it was back then. They actively went after the best of the best, budget be damned. NASA can't do that anymore. They got to do more with less.

I had an interview with NASA coming out of college. I thought it was strange I was able to get an interview with them because I wasn't a top flight engineer. I made honors and such, but I am not going to kid myself that I was a summa cum laude MIT grad. My feelings for it being strange turned out to be true. The interviewer said much nicer than I am putting it here, that they were looking for disabled engineers and they had heard UT had a large population of them and they had to fill so many interviews while on campus. Talk about dreams coming crashing down on you. That really pissed me off.

Good ole government striving for the best of mankind...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 10:11 PM   #49
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallywacker View Post
That's not what I'm suggesting, I'm suggesting you're following the word of internet experts they just make shit up.

I take people like you as serious as I take 9/11 truthers. Not at all.

It takes a seed to start a forest, when one person askes a question, and noone can provide an answer, it raises more questions. I was a believer, so much that I argued the same as you, until I realized that the arguement of "you are an idiot" or "They have pictures" or "They left shit on the moon" was as much speculation as someone saying it may have been faked. If it was that they did the best work back then, why cant we make it better now? Phones, cars, planes and computers...all improved...but we go backwards with rockets. Why? We have the technology...even Nasa admits that. They had a Nazi...we have computers that think for themselves and design shit without human assistance. Again, I want to believe, but I have more questions than answers and the answers are disappearing and proof is "lost". You cant deny that fake rocks, no telemetry, lost footage and the fact that we, as people who dont need to invent the technology, just replicate what has been made, cant get back raise questions. And before anyone says..."we dont need to go back" Its been a plan of Nasa's and they have rallied for a return ever since it was accomplished the first time.How are we to visit Mars, but we cant get back to the moon? By the way...The towers were taken down by Muslim extremists, we dont have microchips in our skin and JFK was killed by Oswald...my beliefs, so fuck off with the 911 theorist bullshit, they are whack jobs...I have questions...not theories. If Magellan or Columbus didnt have questions or theories...the Earth would still be flat too.

Old 12-12-2010, 10:15 PM   #50
TommyHotWheel
Imported from Detroit

Quote:
I think we have more knowledge about space flight and what we need to do it and have a lot of shit to copy from, but we don't have the people who can progress it as fast as the guys who did it back then.

I honestly don't think the best of the best are becoming rocket scientists. I think they are now are in different fields. It's a different government than it was back then. They actively went after the best of the best, budget be damned. NASA can't do that anymore. They got to do more with less.

I had an interview with NASA coming out of college. I thought it was strange I was able to get an interview with them because I wasn't a top flight engineer. I made honors and such, but I am not going to kid myself that I was a summa cum laude MIT grad. My feelings for it being strange turned out to be true. The interviewer said much nicer than I am putting it here, that they were looking for disabled engineers and they had heard UT had a large population of them and they had to fill so many interviews while on campus. Talk about dreams coming crashing down on you. That really pissed me off.

Good ole government striving for the best of mankind...
Thats fucking terrible. They would use Nazi rocket designers and murderers, but they wont use the best minds to further science. Atleast Branson has balls. I dated a propulsion engineer for a while and she said it was a joke to work at her lab. Such a shame.