Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #1
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1
Default Any new-gym go'er/resolutioners?

Bueller?

I know the first few weeks of the year are always the biggest traffic time, and lots of commitments are made, goals set, yadda yadda yadda...

But please for the love of god spend the $5 for a lock if you have lock-able lockers. Nothing makes me want to rob you and set your shit on fire more than having to go through about 4 or 5 receptacles to find an empty, crap free place to store my shit while I hit the weights. I don't care if you want to stare at me for actually working out, or for the sweat I am generating... Just please lock your shit up so I don't waste my time in the stinky changing room trying to get my lift on.

Thank you!
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Nope, that was my goal last year - and look at that, I STILL go to the gym this year I don't like this time of the year at the gym... too many people.

Oh, and my gym has keys on each locker I don't NEED a lock.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Nope, that was my goal last year - and look at that, I STILL go to the gym this year I don't like this time of the year at the gym... too many people.

Ah do I look forward to the day every gym either has nothing or pre-locked storage.

Until then...
Old 01-11-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post

What happens if some prankster decides to take a whole bunch of those keys?

All the gyms I've been at were either bring your own, or monthly rentals
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #5
tommymac
Moto GP Star

People do that at my gym they just leave a sweatshrt or jacket in a locker and dont put a lock on it. I will have to open 5 or 6 lockers to find an empty one to put my stuff in.

Our gym doesnt seem too crowded so far but I rareley go durring hte after work times so I dont see the huge influx.

Last year we switched gyms at new years to one that was clser to home so we were those pesky new years people, only problem is were still going
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
People do that at my gym they just leave a sweatshrt or jacket in a locker and dont put a lock on it. I will have to open 5 or 6 lockers to find an empty one to put my stuff in.

Our gym doesnt seem too crowded so far but I rareley go durring hte after work times so I dont see the huge influx.

Last year we switched gyms at new years to one that was clser to home so we were those pesky new years people, only problem is were still going
No I get it, I've run into "Mr.I forgot my lock" about once a month. Hell in the entire 5+ years I've been going I've forgotten it maybe 2 or 3 times when switching gym bags.

But now almost EVERY time I go to the gym, I have to open/shut almost every locker to find a free one which is about 4 to 5 times a week.

What's funny is they put up signs around that say "if it's left here over night, we're cutting the lock" and I told the manager take it down because it scares people into not even putting one on. Which I then asked if I could just keep the stuff in the locker "I choose" because finders keepers?
Old 01-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #7
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
No I get it, I've run into "Mr.I forgot my lock" about once a month. Hell in the entire 5+ years I've been going I've forgotten it maybe 2 or 3 times when switching gym bags.

But now almost EVERY time I go to the gym, I have to open/shut almost every locker to find a free one which is about 4 to 5 times a week.

What's funny is they put up signs around that say "if it's left here over night, we're cutting the lock" and I told the manager take it down because it scares people into not even putting one on. Which I then asked if I could just keep the stuff in the locker "I choose" because finders keepers?
Sometimes I feel like moving all the stuff around, let em have some fun finding which locker I put the stuff in or just buy a few locks and thow em on there and see what happens.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #8
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Not a resolutioner and not a new gym goer. I quit my gym back in August because I didn't lik eit and could never really go.

So this year I bought a spin bike and am working out at home. Once the heavy snow is over I'll be back to running too.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:35 PM   #9
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKell View Post
Not a resolutioner and not a new gym goer. I quit my gym back in August because I didn't lik eit and could never really go.

So this year I bought a spin bike and am working out at home. Once the heavy snow is over I'll be back to running too.
We'll be looking forward to picks about May!!! j/k

I'm getting geared up to quit soda again! I'm knocking down about 5 or 6 cans daily and I'm finishing up the last couple packages of instant/pre cooked bacon I bought on sale (God I love that stuff!). I'm going to start doing some sit-ups and take the dog for longer walks. Not necessarily a New Years thing, more like I'm going to the beach, thing...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:07 PM   #10
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
What happens if some prankster decides to take a whole bunch of those keys?

All the gyms I've been at were either bring your own, or monthly rentals
It's Lifetime Fitness - you have to put your membership card in the back of the lock for it to release the key.

Tye, I'd just start moving stuff around...

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote