Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
shmike
Follower

Default Companies do NOT care...

Spun off from Kaneman's thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angee View Post
Although I haven't posted, I'm watching this. Companies do NOT care. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get an attorney!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
Correction: Companies DO care - about the bottom line - profit that is, greenbacks. That is all they care about. That is the society / the world we live in and the failed system of profit, greed and corruption.. It never has worked and it never will work..
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
wait... what?
what does not work, capitalism?
you got a better idea?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Yes; regulated capitalism and good corporate citizenship. People shouldn't have to fight it out with their insurance companies, in cases where they clearly should be ponying up. As with this case, people are generally in a very bad emotional place when they NEED their insurance coverage. That the insurance company employees choose to make things tough for them, at such times, shows that they are somewhat less than human.
Your thoughts?
Old 07-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #2
udman
You are not the Man!!

Moto: Hawk GT

This outta be fun
Old 07-07-2010, 11:21 AM   #3
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Should they care? They are there to make money, not cuddle you. We voted we didn't want caring companies a long time ago when we stopped paying for service and started purchasing everything at Walmart.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #4
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

People in general are only reliable to do whats right and good if they are somehow made to be accountable for their actions.

However in the vaccum of todays world, and in corporate business world there lies an opportunity to act outside acceptable behavior without responsibilty or accountability for those actions.

People can hide in the committees, the board rooms, and avoid blame for incredibly selfish and greedy behavior without even coming into contact with those affected by their decisions and policy. They wont even be called into question by their superiors unless profitability or performance take a dive.

So it's gloves off every man for himself out there, any promise of virtue is only a facade.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Yes; regulated capitalism and good corporate citizenship. People shouldn't have to fight it out with their insurance companies, in cases where they clearly should be ponying up. As with this case, people are generally in a very bad emotional place when they NEED their insurance coverage. That the insurance company employees choose to make things tough for them, at such times, shows that they are somewhat less than human.
We have regulated capitalism.

While I agree that people should not have to fight with their insurance companies to have legitimate bills paid, the company should also be expected (and allowed) to do their due diligence to make sure it was a covered loss. To be honest with you, I find it hard to believe that the insurance company is even involved at this point.

Regarding the companies do not care comments, I believe that those comments were made in regard to the ex's employer not her insurance carrier. I originally said she should get an attorney (I misread and assumed she had been fired). I no longer feel that that is necessary.

They are holding her job for her while she is away. What more should she expect? Should the company continue to pay her for not working?

While this tragic event is more assuredly going to cause a huge financial strain on the family, I'm not sure how that is the fault or responsibility of her employer?
Old 07-07-2010, 11:32 AM   #6
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Ugh. Where to begin?
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:40 AM   #7
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Ok, here's my thing. If companies don't give a fuck about their employees then they shouldn't be able to pretend they do in order to better control their employees through bullshit propaganda.

For example, the company in question makes their employees wear cards that contain MB's Core Values: Honesty, Openness, Respect, etc. etc. etc....which is all complete bullshit.

Honesty is paramount.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Old 07-07-2010, 11:48 AM   #8
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Ok, here's my thing. If companies don't give a fuck about their employees then they shouldn't be able to pretend they do in order to better control their employees through bullshit propaganda.

For example, the company in question makes their employees wear cards that contain MB's Core Values: Honesty, Openness, Respect, etc. etc. etc....which is all complete bullshit.

Honesty is paramount.
Based on what I've read, I don't see where they have failed her or their values.

Shed some light, man...
Old 07-07-2010, 11:49 AM   #9
Angee
Dutch's PITA

Moto: I ride Dutch...and an 09 Kawi 250

Some of the most productive companies in the fortune 500 category are family-friendly and take care of their staff. Yahoo had an article on it awhile back. The summary? A happy employee is a productive employee. I wish I could find the story, but I'm too busy to search for it at the moment...
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Those things are awesome. We gave out the clap and syphilis last christmas.
Angee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #10
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Based on what I've read, I don't see where they have failed her or their values.

Shed some light, man...
They're not paying her anymore. Both her kids were near death, in ICU, and despite getting assurances from a team leader, a group leader and an HR rep that she would get paid during her leave, they stopped paying her.

Now, when she calls HR they tell her to call the insurance company as they are no longer involved. I mean, these motherfuckers (Human Resources) have an entire area of the building off to themselves, they have 7 reps...yet they can't help you deal with THEIR insurance company.

Everytime she calls the insurance company they make her tell the story over again to a new rep, describe the children's injuries, tell them what she does all day, etc. etc. So the company that she has worked at for over 10 years is forcing her to deal with this all on her own instead of just fucking paying her. All they have to do is cut a check, its that simple, they can do it right out of the office...